Raindrops and Bubbles

"So you're telling me that you're not even a little bit disappointed that we don't have a daughter?" Josuke asked, watching from the end of the hospital bed as Yumiko walked around the room rocking Hisaki in her arms after feeding him.

"Listen Josuke, I would have liked to have a daughter, if you haven't noticed I'm pretty outnumbered here, but we have another son and I'm ok with that," Yumiko mumbled.

"You think you're outnumbered? You all have red hair!" Josuke chuckled.

"True," Yumiko yawned.

"Want me to take over? You should get some rest," Josuke said, getting up from the bed.

"That would be much appreciated," Yumiko sighed, handing Hisaki over to Josuke, climbing into her hospital bed.

It took a few minutes until she was softly snoring, exhausted from the past day.

Hisaki began to squirm and stir in Josuke's arms.

"Hey buddy, what's wrong?" He asked, rocking Hisaki back and forth in his arms, but the baby kept crying.

"You just ate, were burped, had your diaper changed, so what's going on?"
Hisaki kept crying, Josuke shushing him and patting Hisaki's back as he rested on Josuke's shoulder, "hey, daddy's here buddy, it's ok, daddy's got you," Josuke said, beginning to hum as he tried to rock his son to sleep, "close your eyes...have no fear...the monsters gone, he's on the run and your daddy's here," Josuke whispered, "beautiful beautiful beautiful, beautiful boy."

Beautiful beautiful beautiful, beautiful boy~

—------------------------------------------------------

"Guess who's home?" Josuke announced, carrying a car seat inside the house for Yumiko.

"Mommy! Daddy!" The two boys squealed, running to greet their parents.

“Hey boys!” Yumiko exclaimed, hugging her sons tightly, “I missed you so much!”

“We missed mommy too!” Johiro cried, hugging his mom tighter.

"More baby?" Yuhi asked, poking Yumiko's postpartum stomach.

"No no honey, there's no baby in there, I just still have a little tummy," Yumiko explained.

"Where baby?" Yuhi asked.

"Right here buddy," Josuke said, setting the car seat on the ground, the two boys running to see their brother.

"He's so small!" Johiro squealed, "I love my bwothew mommy!"

"Can you and Yuhi watch baby brother in the living room while I talk with daddy?" Yumiko asked, picking up the car seat and moving it into the living room.

"Yeah!"

The boys huddled around the car seat watching their brother carefully while Yumiko and Josuke watched from the kitchen.

"I think we need to put Johiro in speech therapy," Yumiko said.

"Really? I think he talks just fine," Josuke mumbled.

"He can't pronounce his Rs Josuke, even Yuhi can pronounce them. It was cute when he was a kid just figuring out how to speak but he's four years old, almost five, he should be able to pronounce them," Yumiko said.

"Talking about Johiro?" Tomoko asked, walking into the kitchen.

"I think we need to put Johiro in speech therapy, Josuke says no."

"Yeah, that's cause his speech was messed up too," Tomoko chuckled, "worse than Johiro's, he couldn't pronounce eyebrows without it sounding like eyebwowthe."