Honeymooners (part 1)

"One two three, one two three," Yumiko repeated, Johiro standing on her toes as she shifted from one foot to the other, holding her son's hands, "see? Now you're dancing."

"I'm like mommy in her pictures!" Johiro squealed as Yumiko picked him up and spun him around.

"You just need a nice suit or a pretty dress, then you'll be just like mommy," Yumiko giggled, setting her son down.

Johiro ran over to the TV console and grabbed a framed photo off of it, bringing it back to his mother.

"I want this one!" He exclaimed, pointing to Yumiko's dress.

Her wedding dress.

"Hmm, well let's see," Yumiko said, putting the photo back and taking her son's hand, leading him up to her bedroom and digging through her closet.

"Ah! Here it is!" Yumiko exclaimed, pulling out a large hanging bag from the closet, "now it'll be a little big, but I'll carry you," Yumiko said, laying the bag on the bed and unzipping it, pulling out the white tulle dress.

She helped her son step into the dress and picked him up, the tulle cascading down her hip.

She brought him back downstairs and pressed play on a small CD player, the notes of classical music playing through the room.

Yumiko twirled with her son in her arms smiling as he giggled and swung his legs happily, enjoying the precious time with her oldest as the other two napped.

"Mommy! Mommy! You should put on the dress!" Johiro squealed.

"I should wear the dress?" Yumiko smiled, "oh alright if you insist, but I have to go upstairs for a bit to put it on, stay put ok?"

"Okay!" Johiro exclaimed, kicking off the dress and watching as his mother carried it upstairs.

The front door opened a few minutes later, Josuke stepping inside his home, dressed in his uniform from work.

"Daddy!" Johiro exclaimed, jumping off the couch and running to his father to give him a hug.

"Hey Jojo!" Josuke smiled, hugging his son.

"Mommy's putting on her dress!" Johiro said happily.

"Her dress? Which dress?" Josuke asked, hoisting his son into his hip and placing his cap on Johiro's head with a chuckle, looking at the stairs as Yumiko stepped down, smiling at him.

Josuke's gaze softened as he stared at his wife, his smile filled with love and adoration.

"Ah, that dress," he whispered to himself.

"Mommy was teaching me how to dance like in the picture!" Johiro said, wiggling down out of his father's grasp and running to grab the picture of his parents, dancing at their wedding.

"Well what's with this classical music? That's not what we danced to!" Josuke chuckled.

"Josuke no," Yumiko giggled as Josuke grabbed her hand and pulled her into the living room.

"Josuke yes," Josuke smiled.

He changed the CD in the player to a Prince CD, the notes of Purple Rain playing through the living room.

Josuke wrapped his arms around Yumiko's waist and held her hand with his free one, as she held onto his shoulder.

They danced, swaying side to side and twirling in their living room to the melody of Prince.

Yumiko smiled at her husband and he smiled right back.

For a moment, they were back to being those 26 year olds on their wedding day, having their first dance, surrounded by their families and those now gone, like Joseph and Kakyoin.