Moms, dads, and a birthday party

"Happy birthday Johiro!" Exclaimed the small group of kids and adults standing around the table as Johiro blew out the candles on his cake.

"Happy birthday Johiro!" Johiro exclaimed to himself, jumping up and down on his chair.

"Alright, who wants cake?" Yumiko chuckled, taking the candles out of the cake.

"Me me me!" Shouted the kids.

Cake was passed around with ice cream, Johiro's friends and cousins happily eating their slices.

The snow outside was thick and icy, so the kids couldn't go out to play, instead there were heaps of games and toys for them to play with.

After the cake Johiro got to open all his gifts.

He got lots of toys from his friends, and some new clothes from his grandparents on Yumiko's side, Suzie flew down from America to make it to his birthday party where she gave the family a trampoline, and Tomoko surprised him with a trip to an amusement park in the spring.

His aunts and uncle along with his cousins got him some new board games as well.

"What do you say Johiro?" Josuke asked after all the presents were opened.

"Thank you!" Johiro squealed, "can we play now?"

Josuke laughed, "yes you can play now."

Johiro squirmed off his chair, corralling his cousin, Mai, and Haru over to all the toys while the adults sat down for a cup of coffee.

"Thank you guys for coming, I think this is his best birthday he's ever had," Yumiko chuckled.

"We'd never miss his birthday!' Henrique exclaimed.

"I know dad, but mostly Suzie, I know she would have had to make a long trip to come down here," Yumiko smiled.

"Eh, it's fine, nothing I haven't done before," Suzie chuckled.

"Hey, look at that!" Okuyasu said, looking over at the crowd of kids playing in the living room, watching as Aurora and Yuhi sat together playing with some toy trucks.

"Awe, they're getting along!" Josuke exclaimed.

"Well they're only like 4 months apart, I'm glad they're getting along," Yumiko replied.

"I'm glad you invited us too," Ivy smiled.

"Well, Yuhi is a pretty shy little boy, but he's close with Aurora, so I wanted him to have someone here he could play with," Yumiko added.

"Hey, are you going to put Yuhi in a preschool or somethin'?" Okuyasu asked, "we've been thinking about that for Aurora, thought it'd be nice for her to make some new friends."

"Hmm we've never thought about it," Josuke explained, "we didn't put Johiro in preschool but maybe it's a good idea for Yuhi…"

"I think it's a good idea, I mean, Kaya's going into first grade, and Tomoko has Hisaki to watch at her house. I know Emiko is going into preschool too, so it'd be a little lonely for it to just be Yuhi and Hisaki…"

"I say we go for it!" Josuke said.

"Yeah, let's do it!"

—------------------------------------------------------

"Ready to go Yuhi?" Yumiko asked, standing at the door of the preschool, holding her son's hand.

"Yeah!" He exclaimed, "I wanna go!"

Yumiko smiled, "alright, let's go to school!"

The two walked in, Yuhi immediately being tackled by Aurora.