Cerise (a little angsty)

“I can’t believe this, our son is a stand user and you didn’t call me to say anything!?” Yumiko grumbled, pacing back and forth across the bedroom floor, Josuke sat at the edge of the bed.

“I wanted to tell you in person! If I called, you would have swerved off the road in a fit!”

“I just wish I knew sooner,” Yumiko said, exasperated.

“Hey I wish I did too! Apparently he’s had a stand for months now and I never noticed it.”

Yumiko collapsed onto the bed, laying on her back with her arms sprawled out on either side of her before she covered her face with a pillow and screamed.

“Sorry,” she said, tossing the pillow back to its original place and sitting up beside her husband, “I just wish I was like you guys so I could be there for him too, but I can’t understand. And I know Noriaki would try to help as much as possible but he can’t now and I don’t have the heart to ask Cerise for help while she’s trying to do so much by herself.”

“You know that Cerise would help in a heartbeat, she’s in pain but she loves you. Speaking of Cerise, we should visit her and the kids, it’s been a while and I’m sure she’d love some company,” Josuke said.

“Oh my god I’m awful!” Yumiko exclaimed, burying her face in her hands, “I didn’t even think about that! She’s probably been suffering and I’ve been living my happy little life not caring like an asshole!”

“Hey, you were mourning, you’ve been busy with the kids too, let’s call her and ask if we can come for dinner tonight, I’m sure she’d be happy to have us.”

“Alright, I’ll call her now.”

—------------------------------------------------------

Yumiko, Josuke, and the boys were standing on the doorstep of a large suburban home, the welcome mat worn down by time and dirt.

Yumiko rang the doorbell and a scattering of shoes could be heard from the other side.

"Aunt Yumiko!" Exclaimed a pink haired girl as she threw open the door.

"Hey Sakura! I missed you!" Yumiko replied, hugging her niece.

"Mom's in the living room, I'm working on dinner," Sakura said, letting the family inside.

"Alright, where's Minori and Akai?"
"In Minori's room playing with toys," Sakura smiled.

"I'll go up with the boys and play, you talk to Cerise," Josuke said, taking Yuhi from Yumiko and going upstairs after taking off their shoes.

Yumiko walked into the living room, a woman with long wavy black hair and pale skin sitting on the couch.

She was dressed in a beige sweater and high waisted jeans.

"Hey Reese," Yumiko said, sitting on the couch beside her.

"Hey Yu," the woman replied.

"Cerise I am so sorry, I didn't even realise I hadn't called or visited…"

"Yumiko, don't apologise," Cerise said, looking up at Yumiko, her eyes puffy and dark, "we both lost something that meant so much to us. I lost my husband, you lost your brother…"

Yumiko stared down at the ground, "I miss him."

"Me too, Noriaki was my best friend, my husband, my first love, the father of my children..." Cerise said, "I was really worried about you. His death wasn't sudden but it was shocking."

"Damn disease…" Yumiko hissed.

"They would have tried everything, even Josuke tried to help but nothing worked and treatment was out of the question, it would only make it worse," Cerise explained, "but Noriaki loved you so much Yumiko, his family meant everything to him."