Chapter 4 - A dotting mother

(POV Molly/The Mother)

Isn't my little cute baby girl just the best!!!!!!!!!!!

She's only two years old and I can already tell I'm going to have to fight boys off with a stick.

Hmmmm, maybe I could call in some help from my adventurer friends . A thought for later consideration.

What was I thinking of again? Ah yes my beautiful(still very pudgy) daughter. She has my hair which is a lovely mix of red and yellow almost like a sun set. And those amazing green orbs look just like gems.

*Internal fan girl squeal*

Haaah, my Mic is just the best if a bit weird from what I've heard from other woman in the village.

They say she's too quiet or breaths in weird ways and other nonsense. Clearly they are just jealous of my amazing daughter.

I know just the thing to get back at those gossiping house wives, I'll charge them extra for any medicine they buy from me. Or maybe I'll mess up a birth control pill on purpose to screw them over when they eventually sleep with other peoples husbands.

Petty revenge. The best kind of revenge.

They won't be able to do anything either as im this small towns only doctor/non magical medical person you know what I mean.

.
.
.
.

With how much Michelle sits around I might be able to teach her some basic medical lessons early. Get them to really stick in her mind.

Where is my adorable little daughter anyway?

Ahh what am I talking about she's only 2. I take a quick peak around the Conner of the work area into the main room of the house and yep there she is. Sleeping in her weird way while breathing very deeply.

Welp I'm going to have to break that habit of hers of just sleeping anywhere.

(POV Michelle/Mic).

(Also quick side not Mic is said like Mick Gordon not like Mic from a microphone)

Ooh Asuras above why is this so hard.

It's been three years. Three god darn year. Four if you count my first bit of exploration into mana.

I'm five now  and at the very least I can walk on my own now and put together sentences.

Mother has been teaching me to read for a while now, because why the fuck would this worlds written language be English.

Hell it doesn't even use the same characters like most European languages do. Just these weird block things almost like the kanji from Japan.

At least the medical books mom teaches me to read with have funny little stick men drawn in them.

I sigh as I sit down to try and gather more mana. It's been slow going but at least it's going at all.

As I sit there I a bright flash overwhelms me. I hear crashing.

Darkness consumes me.

   — time skip AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHg—

Softness is what I feel.

'Where am I? I was just meditating a bit then a bright light came..'

..........

'OH SHIT I AWAKENED!!!!'

I mean that's good and all but that's two years later than Arthur considering I'm 5 and I'm pretty sure he was 3.

'Wait where am I?' I do a quick look around the room and I can tell you it's definitely not my house.

As I'm thinking my mother walks into the room and the moment her eyes land on me they fill with relief.

"Michelle! Don't worry me like that! When I first saw the explosion I thought some bandits were attacking!"

Explosion? What explosion?

Oh right when boy wonder first awakened he definitely destroyed his entire house.

But wait! My house was near the middle of town other people would have definitely seen it and try and check it out.

"Mama" i finally speck out after some thought " how long was me doing the sleepy?"

"Around a week baby"

A WEEK!?!?

Arthur walked off his awaking just fine so what was wrong with mine?

I was mulling this over when the door burst open and a woman ran in.

"Molly! Molly! Come quickly something important is happening!"

" What is it?"

"Some of the kings guard are here and they are searching for YOU!!"

Sigh, what did I just bring upon myself.

(A/n) first pov shift and that felt a little weird.

I feel like it's going good so far

So why not leave it with a cliffhanger

Also the images at the start are just random shit from my meme folder so expect the most random of things to be put there