Chapter 41 We Didn't Start the Fire

3rd person Pov

"Just know that the Sun is not against you Arthur."

Arthur was riding a carriage heading towards the elven royal family's secret hideout with Tess and gramps. When he recalled the words spoken by Windsom, that God which pulled him from the teleporter gate to give him a life changing chat.

The Gods being real, a war with another continent, his adopted daughter being a half-dragon-half-basilisk ultimate lifeform with near limitless potential. And then, a vague statement that held so much meaning, but he couldn't understand.  It was obviously not referring to the actual sun, he knew that the real sun was just a star in space with big rocks floating around it that made up the planets. So, it was probably a person, but who? Bairon would be the most obvious guess as he was a powerful fire mage, but why refer to him as the Sun? Was there something unique about him that Arthur didn't know? 

The carriage had stopped it was time to go. 

=================================================================

"Sometime, the right choice isn't always the best choice"

Elder Rinia had put everyone to sleep with drugged tea, then gave him some advice she gleamed from looking into the future. She had spent her own life force to give Arthur as good of a advantage that she could give.

He felt guilty, extremely guilty. Conflict was fast approaching and he was at the epicenter of it. How many live would be lost from his actions, how many would not be saved because he was too late.

What more would be revealed? what was the sun? how many more secrets were there to unravel? what was going on in the other continents? Am i strong enough? these doubts and questions flooded Arthur's mind making him subconsciously voice some of these thoughts aloud.

Only one was answered by Elder Rinia.

"The Sun shines too bright even for me to look at and tell you what it truly is, but its light will help life survive and flourish around it, even if it is uncaring to those in its orbit. Eventually It will burn so bright that it will become something greater, or it might collapse into itself. The Sun will bring light but also cast shadows. It is not the only star out there in the sky, but it's the one we can view the best." 

Elder Rinia locked eyes with him.

"She continues to exist merely because she can. She has no purpose in life other than to shine in the sky and burn those who get close."

Then Rinia gives a cheeky smile.

"So do watch out, the sun may help but we wouldn't want your handsome face to get too burned."