Chapter 14 - A really fancy stick

School even in a world full of magic is still boring.

The worst part is that I sometimes slip back into writing notes in English instead of whatever script they use here.

We had to make an essay on uses of mana in every day life and I didn't know I was writing in English until half way through the essay so I had to do it all again.

And other times I forget how different our worlds are. So I misuse expression or I try and write a word that doesn't exist yet.

I'm so used to being able to use the word 'like' as a  transition that I forget that how I often use it is a more modern take on the word.

I once tried to say 'it's shaped like an egg' and the person I was talking to just looked at me weird.

Even with all those fancy pants lessons I took at the palace can't seem to remove my old world slang.

At least the school year is going to end soon. But the bad part is since the school years is going to end we have to take our finals.

Pain. Arthur never had to deal with normal school things why do I have to?!

The cafeteria food at the very least is nice because of all the nobles attending.

I can't wait for this week to be over.

————————————

"And this is the final product Miss Custodies"

My Staff is done! Its going to be so nice!

"I found very few ways on how to improve your design besides some simple quality of life improvements"

I can't wait to hit someone with it!

"Half of the swirling design of the staff is made of fire glass as to improve your casting ability with fire, and the other half is made of some left over wood from Elenoirs forests that we had left over from the last war to improve your wind casting"

The black obsidian looking rock mixed with the smooth white wood looks so pretty.

"And the final little trick you put in should work as long as you continue to feed to staff mana regularly. Now give it a try"

I hold up the staff as a burst of flame explodes from one end.

It burns uncontrollably for a second before I force it to condense with wind mana.

When I finish I'm no longer holding a funny looking stick now I'm holding a glaive of pure fire

"Yeah, this will do nicely"

—————————————

The school year has ended so I now get to be an adventurer.

Of course I still have to take an examination to get my adventurer license. But with a recommendation from the king himself I don't think many people will question me.

"Alright and the final examine of to day isssss  Michelle Custodies, age 12, light orange stage conjuror sponsored by the King himself"

So whispers spread among the people remaining in the stands.

"Ok come down here and we'll start when you are ready"

I get to my position and nod to the examiner.

He starts of by launching some fire balls at me. I counter with my own as they cancel each other out.

I summon up 5 fire swords and send them out.

A wall of fire raises in the way of my attack and is then sent towards me.

It split down the middle when I send a wind blade towards it.

He dodges and conjurors fireballs behind me.

This time i redirect his fireballs back at him with an application of wind magic.

"Cancel" the spell fizzes out.

"Well done. Excellent defense in dealing with my attacks, great offense in not waste to much mana on a attack. And the redirection shows a keen intelligence"

He pauses to think for a second.

"Michelle Custodies A-class"

(A/n)

I can't tell if the fight scene was good or not.

If you can't guess fire glass is just a fancy way of saying magical obsidian

And no the staffs trick has yet to be revealed the fire blade was purely something the MC conjured up.

I'm sleepy