8. Plan Find Anya?

"Shadow, I just need a favour." he nods

"Depends."

"Who is Anya?"

"Who?"

"The girl your friend likes."

"He likes someone?"

"Do not act dumb, who is she?"

"I do not know an Anya, I have never heard of her."

"Can you find out for me?"

"Uhm, I do not want to get in between you and your husband."

"If you love your best friend, you will tell me who Anya is before I become Karma." he nods before going back to his drink as I head out of the bar.

I am not losing my husband to anyone, no matter how beautiful they are, he is mine whether he likes it or not. Part of him forgets how crazy I can get and it is time I show him. I am even back in training, I need to be my best if I am going to find her.

Am I going to confront Anya? No, I am going to ask her nicely to leave my husband like Mrs Dolly Parton. What I am counting on is Sibo's contribution to helping me figure out where they are. She said she needs at least a last name, and I will get it for her.

One thing about Kai, he knows how not to be found, he has done this for nearly two decades, he is a pro, so I am hoping either someone close to Anya can lead me to them or Anya herself can mess up and I can catch them. Too many variables for my liking but you must do what you must.

Khanyi is having the time of her life with my dad and Greta, the three of them are having a ball while I take out my rage on a punching bag. I rarely get this angry but this time I am enraged.

How and why is she around him? How could he allow that? Did he plan on leaving me? Is he trying to make me leave him so he can blame me for our separation? If he thinks I am going to give up that easily, he has another thing coming for him.

I called him and allowed Khanyi to talk to him but I stayed in the kitchen and I told her to hang up when she is done. I did not want to talk to him and he felt the same.

One thing about my husband, he can be as petty and as stubborn as me.

The next day we spent it going on a game drive, Khanyi enjoyed looking at the animals, so I bought a camera so she can take as many pictures as she would like.

"Can we call Dad?"

"Yeah, I will call him right now."

"I am going to take a nap," Greta says before going upstairs

It takes a moment before the call connects

"Hey, babies."

"Hey, Dad, Mama took us on a safari and we got to see lions, cheetahs, giraffes and..." she takes a moment before fetching her camera, I hear her go upstairs

"Hey, Kitten."

"Hey, Kai."

"How was your day?"

"It was good, as you heard, we went on a game drive."

"I thought it was a safari," he says with a smile on his face

"It was a game drive, Khanyi is just being so American."

"Yeah, are you sleeping okay?"

"I found it!" she shouts before sitting next to me, allowing me to avoid the question. In all honesty, I have not been sleeping well.

In the twelve years that we have been together, Kai knows that whenever we get into an argument or fight, I can not sleep well until we are okay. At first, I thought that I was subconsciously trying to manipulate him but we realised that I just can not sleep well if he is not there. Tossing, turning and waking up multiple times during the night due to hot flashes.

My body is used to him, my sleep cycle needs him and I wish it was different but at times it is as though my body is designed for him.

I wish it was different, I wish I was not as co-dependent as I am. I often wish I was not as in love with him in the way I am.

He got a call and had to drop the call but he promised to call again tomorrow. She resigned herself to her room.

It was annoying watching him be the good parent and all he had to do was answer a call and fucking listen, I have to deal with tantrums, wants and needs, I have to be an actual parent and she hates me most of the time.

At times, I wished he was here, not to be my husband but to be a parent, to share this burden with me.

I tuck her in after she cries for him, I console her when he misses events, I always imagined that my child should grow up with love like me instead she is raised by a married single mother and a part-time father.

My father was always here as well as my mother, they never felt far and I always had support, even when my brain tried to convince me that they do not love me, they would lull my self-loathing thoughts with their love and I thought Khanyi would have the same.

My little girl deserves that and I do not know how to give it to her.

*************
Do you think Kai is a shitty dad even if it is not on purpose?