18. Bad Habits

Waking up to an empty bedside scared me for a moment but he was only getting a rented car delivered so we can go home. He also got me breakfast and new clothes.

He drove to a house we are renting in New Jersey. We called Sibo and Zale and discussed plans to open the laptop and we all felt that it would be better if we duplicate the laptop and tested on that one as this one self-destructs.

Driving from Washington to New Jersey was a lot of work so we took a nap. Kai wanted to work but I wanted to nap in his arms so we just took one on the couch.

Creak, the door closing. I lightly press Kai's armpit and he knows to wake up without making a sound. The floors are tile but our guns are across the room. I get on the floor and I try to get to where we put the guns.

"I would not do that Kamo." Anya.

"You fucking scared me." turning my head to face her "What do you want?"

"The laptop."

"The names."

"A name."

"All six."

"No. I can just take the Laptop and kill you both but I am sparing you and giving you the shooter whose bullet killed your daughter."

"I want all six, like we agreed, Anya."

"Kamo, you are a strong woman," she tries getting closer and Kai stands in her way, a chuckle from her "One name and Big Daddy over here can help you get the others." see you can say what you want about me but my husband? No. While she has a gun, I jump to where she is, pushing Kai out of my way.

"One day, I will get you, no guns, just you and I."

"Hamza Ahmad," she says before making her way out of the house.

"That was a scene," he says going back to laying on the couch

"Why are you so calm?"

"Sit with me and I will explain."

"Why?"

"I want to see your beautiful face." straddling him and he places his hands on my waist "I had a feeling that she was going to betray you at some point."

"Why did you not tell me?"

"Schatzi, I follow you like a lovesick puppy and do I course correct you?" shaking my head "As your husband my job is to find the safest way to execute your wishes. Did I feel as though I knew better? Yeah but it was more important to you for us to follow this course of action, so we did."

"Okay, so what would you have done?"

"Let's not focus on the past, let us focus on getting those other names." a nod "You are the rule of law, I am the enforce." he plants a kiss on my hand "Now, can we get back to our nap?" a giggle and nod then I lay my head on his chest and get lulled to sleep by his heartbeat.

When we woke up, we explained the situation to Zale and Sibo, who made a few jokes about the situation before we did the best research we can on Hamza.

Hamza Ahmad, ex-Mossad and FBI, often resides in Rosario, Argentina; Nairobi, Kenya; Amsterdam, Netherlands or Florida, USA. One son, no long-term relationships, no friends and certainly no life, just how they like them.

Kai wanted to make sure that Hamza was responsible, he does not trust Anya and I side with him. So he ran his investigation, calling old friends and acquaintances to find evidence pointing to anyone involved.

I sat and looked pretty while he did all of this. I hated every minute of it. When my brain had time to think, it noticed the gap, the silence in the air and I hated how much it reminds me that she is gone.

He looked sexy typing away at the computer with a pencil behind his ear, he looked like her when he was focused, she had the same thinking face.

"What it is?"

"Huh?"

"Why are you looking at me with those sad eyes?"

"You remind me of her." hushed and muttered

"What about me reminds you of her?" he gets up from the desk and heads my way

"She had a similar smile, that is why I loved it, she had your eyes and those barely there eyebrows of yours,"

"Hey!"

"Let me not forget the attitude."

"Okay, I get it but she stole your thinking face. She loved doing things like you, she loves putting her pencil behind her ear, and she drinks water because she wants to pretend it's vodka. She likes mayo on her fries because of you. When I missed you, I would get pained even more because she reminds me of you." now it is the other way around.

"I'm not going anywhere." a nod and he picks me up into his arms.

************

Please comment, vote and share❤️❤️