29. Sparks

Two weeks. She kept making the chips and the moment she would transfer them to an animal and the animal would die. We have buried ten dogs thus far.

The chip that her friend made has been duplicated multiple times and it works phenomenally but the ones she has been making keep killing the mammal instead of just overriding the first chip.

"I can't do this!" she cries out "I don't know what I am doing wrong."

"Why don't you ask for help?" Kai suggests

"Because most people find this unethical, no one wants to touch this, I have asked, believe me, I want nothing more than to make this work!" she lashes out

"Maybe we can find help. What type of person would be able to help?" I ask

"If you can find me a neurologist who also knows much about computer science, I will kiss your feet."

"Kai, reach out to Athena or Cyrus and ask them to find us someone great in both fields who would help us." he nods before going upstairs "In a few hours you will have your help."

"I need it." she looks up at the ceiling.

"Maybe you should go spend some time with your other Kamo."

"But..."

"Ah, ah. Go."

"I still..."

"When help arrives, Kai will call you. There is not much you can do until it arrives." she nods and soon we say our goodbyes and she leaves me alone.

Three days go by before Pearson arrives, he is a french Neurologist with a background in computer science. After him, Rowan arrived and she was a Computer scientist with a long list of accolades.

Pearson is a weirdo who is intrigued by the idea of the chip and he views me as a specimen, not as a human being. I wish it was because of the chip and not the colour of my skin.

Kaiser has made a rule for him, no touching and no direct involvement. He is here to advise Sibo not cure me.

Rowan on the other hand is analytical, she cares about the result, me alive with no body shocks and no urge to kill my husband but I worry that is not all she is up to.

"Instead of working against the chip, how about we run a scenario where the brain works against the chip?" Pearson suggests

"So instead of sending impulses that contradict the Alpha chip, we create beta chip to resist by making the brain stronger?" Rowan clarifies

"How?"

"Her brain gets the impulse to kill him. Her brain needs to fight the impulse with a stronger impulse. Instead of cancelling that impulse, we change the impulse. Kill becomes kiss, shock becomes sugar rush, violent memories have pleasant associations."

"Okay, how do we accomplish that?" they deliberate for days before Rowan and Sibo start working on a few chips to test out.

Soon comes the time we all hate. Watching dogs die to see if their brilliance can save me. As if the weight of the souls, I have already taken is not enough.

The dogs survive a day. One dies four days later and the rest all survive beyond a week. They now move on to testing monkeys, chimpanzees to be specific.

Most of the chimps survive for longer than a month with visible changes from the dangerous behaviour supported by the Alpha chip and the calm nature given by the Beta chip.

When I do get the chip, it would mean parts of my personality will change and because of how rushed this study is, they can never know the full extent of the side effects or how long either chip will last.