11: Survivor

Kai got Khanyi ready for her first day and even made us all breakfast. We sat down and ate it together, it has been a while since we acted like a family. While I had to go back to work, I also had to take care of something after work.

"Enjoy your day, Nana!"
"Have fun, böhnchen!" he says as we watch her walk into the schoolyard. He drops me off at work and I am immediately thrown back in but I can always hold my own.

What I am thankful for is that the work hours are until three pm. The business I have to take care of is Anya, like a parasite, she followed him here and as I said, I will kill anyone who wants to take him away from me and Anya is the only name on the list.

Walking to her hotel which was not far from my office building. The hotel is opulent and if I had not booked a room on the same floor as her, I would have had a difficult time getting to her.

I asked Sibo to help me find her room and where she was staying, I knew that if he was here, he was not alone and that she had tagged along. I am planning on making it short, she does not deserve suffering but I did plan on getting a souvenir so Kai knows that I am not playing.

As I walk to the elevator, I happen to spot a cleaning lady and I quickly snatch her master key and make my way into the open elevator.

While I am a bit nervous because I will be dealing with a Russian Spy, I know I will win, I hope I will at least, hopefully, I do not die but I believe in myself and my husband who is my trainer.

When I get into her room, I wait for her to come to me, I am not hunting for her, she will slip away, she is smart, she has probably thought about all the ways to get out of an ambush if someone broke into her room like I just did.

"Kamo, I was expecting you." what? "I bugged your husband when he left."

"Oh, smart."

"Thank you, though I would caution against killing me."

"Now why would I do that?"

"In about fifteen minutes, six military-trained snipers are going to kill your husband and maybe your daughter depending on when he gets there."

"How do I know that I can trust you?"

"You could kill me now Mrs Ludwig but you would never find out the answers to who killed your unborn son and who put a hit on your husband."

"Why would I trust you?"

"Because I am not who you think I am. If I were you, I would rush to get there in time, otherwise, you will be a widow, whether I am dead or not."

I have no choice but to believe her, she waves as I rush out of her room and make my way onto the street to catch a taxi. Cursing Kai under my breath for being a good househusband and dropping me off and wanting to pick me up.

I can not lose another person, I can not handle losing another child, I can not handle mourning another child, I can not live without either Kai or Khanyi, I would not survive.

Stray tears escape my eyes as I yell at the taxi driver to go faster, I need to be there and while he is going as fast as he is comfortable, I need him to go faster because my daughter needs me.

"Sir, please hurry!" I scream, the longer it takes us to get there the more I am losing my mind.

As we get closer to the school, I spot my husband getting out of the car, heading for the gate and Khanyi running towards him. As if in slow motion, I get out of the car, pull both my guns off the safety and run towards my family.

"Kai! Get in the fucking car!" he looks up to notice my running towards him and he does understand that I am terrified he shields Khanyi and tries to run to the car but a bullet catches his shoulder and throws him on the floor, "Kai!" as I get closer, another pierces Khanyi's body causing her to fall on the ground "Khanyisile!"

I am at where the shots came from and I can not see anyone I immediately call 911 as I am holding her body. "Stay awake for mama, stay with me, baby! Stay with me," tears streaming down my face, her little blue dress stained in grass and blood.

"Mama," she cries

"Think about how fun it was to ski, think about how fun it was to swim with your dad."

"Is he okay?"

"He is fine, he is perfectly fine." I look over at my husband and he is not fine, I am trying to wake him up and he is not waking up. "You are both perfectly fine. Where is that fucking ambulance?" she holds my hand that is pressing on the wound before her eyes close "No! No! Wake up! Khanyisile wake up!" she refuses to wake up, a slap and nothing "Khanyisile! Wake up, man! Tsoha! Mama weh! Modimo! Khanyisile, tsoha!" I take the gun next to me and before I can raise it, the paramedics get to me [Tsoha=Wake up; Modimo= God]

"Are you okay, ma'am?"

"Save her! Save her! I can not lose another baby!" they check her pulse and shake their heads "No, no take her to the hospital! They can save her!" they start performing CPR and after a few minutes, she comes back, with a faint heartbeat and they put her in the ambulance.

Kai is in the other ambulance as we ride to the same hospital.

"You are going to be okay, baby, perfectly fine." when we get to the hospital they start working on her, I look over and they are also working on Kai, he is still unconscious.

I could lose my daughter and husband on the same day. I can no longer feel my legs and suddenly everything becomes blurry until it all goes dark.

**********

Damn double homicide