16. King Kunta

"You look sexy," he says as I walk out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body.

"Do I?"

"Makes me want to do things to you." standing in front of the bed, I drop the towel and he takes a deep breath

"What do you want to do, Daddy?" he gets off the bed and makes his way to me, wrapping an arm around my waist, he uses that to pull me closer.

"First, I would like to kiss you." a nod from me and he joins our lips before cupping my face, this is the first time in months that his kiss felt loving and passionate.

I pull away, looking into his eyes as his fingers feel every inch of me that they can. "I love you, and I always will."

"I am in love with you, Kamohelo." a smile from me before I plant my lips on his and lift the hems of his shirt, I help take his pants off and he stares at me causing me to look at my feet. "Look at me," he says with a finger under my chin "Gorgeous."

"Stop making me blush!"

"But you look so beautiful."

"Well then fuck me," begging is not a good look, he smiles and places his lips on mine, a moan escapes my throat before I pull away "On second thoughts, how about we just cuddle?" he smiles and places a kiss on my forehead

"What do you want to do?"

"Cuddle with you." he picks up his shirt from the floor, I take it from him and wear it

"You can't keep stealing my clothes, Kitten."

"I can and I will." in his boxers, we get on the bed and immediately get under the covers and close to each other. "I miss her."

"I do too, mein Leibe."

"Like, I want to cry and all that keeps me together is getting justice but is that about her or am I avoiding my feelings as usual?"

"I don't know."

"How are you coping?"

"I am not, regrets are what I am filled with. Why was I never there, I was not here and I should have been, spent more time with her, been there to watch her grow. I should have been her father, present and there. I don't know, man, I feel like I failed her."

"You know that she loved you, more than anything in this world, she would not want you holding all those feelings because even if there was more to give her, there is no more cup to pour into besides yours. Give yourself grace, ratu."

"You should listen to your advice."

"I guess my inner critic does not allow me to listen." we sit and stare at the ceiling wishing we were different parents to the same child.

I wish I could talk to her, see her once more tell her I love her, make sure she knows how beautiful she was, how brilliant I viewed her, how cherished she was. I wish I could tell her, once more.

For the first time since she passed, we held each other, consoling the other and creating a safe space. Growth seems in sight, finally.

As always I woke up before him and I made my way into the kitchen to get some tea and make him some too.

"Hey, Kamo." I jump at the voice and it is Anya sitting in our kitchen.

"Why did you do that? How did you get in?!"

"Do not worry about that, I always find my way through a door. I came to help you."

"With?"

"The name of the deputy director's cardiologist and how to mimic a heartbeat."