34: Now And Forever

When we got back to the house, we went to sleep, he was not in a talking mood and I do not think, I was in a listening mood.

We woke up and got dressed. I made breakfast; eggs, bacon, sausages and toast. He is going to work today and so is Isa. We did not tell her he is dead, I am sure she will hear it from the police later today.

As I am washing the dishes, his arms wrap around my waist.

"One of these days you have to come to the shore with me."

"Why would I do that?"

"It is another area for you to show that you are better than me."

"You love losing to me."

"I love seeing you win, there is a difference." laughter erupts between us

"Sure, Ludwig, that's what it is. I can do it today."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I am, but don't push me."

"I won't." I am only doing this because I know he is in a mood, it may not look like it but subconsciously, I know he is fighting demons.

With Kai, talking does not always help, so I have learnt to pick up on when he feels conflicted. He tends to hold me tighter when we are sleeping, he seems to only want to hold me when he is awake and while it may seem like he is seeking comfort.

I know he does it because he is still afraid that I will leave him. If it takes fifty years for him to see that I can not live without him, then I will spend fifty years proving to him, that I will never leave.

As he is getting ready for work, I jump on his back, he releases a chuckle before he continues buttoning his shirt.

"I love you."

"I love you." a smile on my face before I kiss his cheek. "You should wear a jean."

"But it's hot."

"You will get cut, Mein Liebe."

"Fine!" I get off his back and head into the closet looking for loose-fitting jeans. We head out and Isa is eating at the counter.

"Good morning, Isa."
"Good morning," he says

"Good morning."

"How did you sleep?"

"I slept okay." placing my hand on her shoulder to comfort her. "I am fine, do not worry about me."

"Well, we are here for you. We will protect and support you. If you need us, we will be at the shore, my husband needs me to help him build boats." a nod from her followed by two light taps by me.

We drove to the shore. There was a small boat house here when we bought it, he expanded it not to increase the size of the business but to take care of the boats better.

We hired someone to take care of the business. He wanted to fix and make boats and that is what he does every day.

I wonder if he ever longs for one more chance at a family. A tiny Kaiser that will bother him every day, just like Khanyi.

A deep breath before I wipe the tear rolling on my cheek.

"What is wrong?" so sweet and sincere, I am such a lucky woman.

"I was thinking about Khanyi again."

"I was thinking about them earlier."

"Would you want to... I don't know... Uhm... Try again?" he lets out a deep breath