1. A New Beginning?

Being a mother is the hardest thing I am going through, right now, especially with my husband spending months at a time overseas. Khanyi gets cranky when she does not see him for a while and it breaks my heart to see the smile off her face drop when he drops the call.

Being a wife with my husband far from me breaks me every night and while I pick up the pieces every morning, it is hard not being able to be around the one person I love all the time.

After drop-off, it is to the office and the stress of owning a big business.

"Mom, where are we going for vacation this year?"

"Uhm, I have not decided yet, where would you like to go?"

"Well, Tiffany and Amy were talking about how they are going to Italy for Summer break and I wanted to know where we are going?" she twiddles her thumbs in the front seat of my SUV

"Uhm, how about we go to the Bora Bora for a week or two because baby, remember we have to visit Granma and Grandpa, we need to visit them for a few weeks."

"Is Dad coming?"

"That is a question we can ask your father when we call him." she nods before putting her headphones on, I hate that I bought those for her because she ignores me but I love that she can tune the world out.

When we get home, she heads to her room where she stays until dinner time.

"Tell me, how are you feeling?"

"Tired, I also miss Dad."

"I miss him too baby, I think we can ask him if he can come back sooner."

"You think he can?"

"A girl can hope, right."

"Yeah, how was your day?"

"Oh, it was awful, I missed you every moment, I just wanted to spend time with you."

"Well we can watch TV together," she suggests, the smile on her face bigger than mine

"And make popcorn, maybe even a cake."

"You are doing too much."

"You are probably right, we can take the crisps and mini chocolates and gobble them up."

"I'd like that, can I finish my homework first?" a nod and she pulls out of her seat and heads to her room, she is going to text her friends.

After a while, my phone vibrates and the notification reads

Call time.

"Nana, I am calling your dad!" she comes running down as I connect my phone to the TV before calling him on face time, he sent me his new number, ten minutes before.

"Hey meine Lieben!" he shouts from his hotel room. [Translation: My loves]

"Hey Dad!" she waves

"Hey Baby."

"How are my favourite people doing?"

"We are good, Mom said that we can go to Bora Bora for a week during spring break."

"She did? That is nice, Bora Bora is an exceptional place."

"Are you coming with us?"

"Well, my lovely little fox, I do not know yet, but as soon as I know, you will be the first soul, I tell."

"Promise?"

"Pinky Promise. Can I talk to your mom for a bit?" she nods and goes to her room.

"How bad is it?"

"I have another job in Syria."

"Fucking hell, how long?"

"A week at most but you know after that, it is another assignment and another, I just want to be in your arms." my dear husband.

"Ich liebe dich, always and forever." [Translation: I love you.]

"Ich liebe dich auch, mein Bärchen." [Translation: I love you too, my little bear.]

"I'm going to call your daughter back."

"Before you do, can I take a moment to admire you?" I pull my lower lip between my teeth "I hate when you do that." he loves his

"I am calling your daughter."

"Wait a moment!" a giggle erupts from my throat

"Khanyi!"

"I hate you."

"I hate you more, Baby boy." he glares at me while I smile amd wait for Khanyi to distract us from the sexual tension between us.

"Talk soon, Fuchsjunges and I love you." [Little Fox]

"I love you too, Dad, Gute nacht," she says before walking away

"Good night, my love."

"Träum süss, mein Schatzi." [Sweet dreams, my little treasure.]

As the screen goes black and I am left alone in my living room, I remember why there is nothing that I hate more than his job.

************
We are back for a second installment of KSK!!! As always comments and votes are appreciated and remember, these characters will make you switch off your phone, tablet, or whatever device you are using to read this, as they are flawed beings, all of them.

Kamo is now 30
Khanyi, 11
Kaiser, 32

Glad to have you here, enjoy.