Chapter 26: Sweet Dreams my friend

(Y'all like the title? Yeah I know you guys do)

POV: First person, Y/n

"Wait were you sleeping on the floor," Neteyam asked as we walked to the bed.

"Yeah,"

"What but- it's the god damn hard on floor and you decided to sleep on that," He blabbered behind me.

"Yup," I looked back at him, "but it wasn't on purpose. I was working on something until I fell asleep. Meh'ki knows this," I smiled.

He took a deep breath, "So are we going to sleep together," he blushed in the end of his sentence.

"Yeah but if you're uncomfortable, I can still sleep on the floor I actually don't mine. It's really comfo-," I explained but  Neteyam interrupted me.

"No-no I'm comfortable with that actually. I was wondering if you're uncomfortable," He spoked.

"Oh," I realized, "well no," I simply said.

"So uh," he looked down and gently grabbed my hand, "are you going to bed now," he looked up at me.

"No,"

"Huh? Why, it's really late,"

"But I can't sleep,"

"But you fell asleep on the floor and sleepwalked," he pouted and his ears dropped.

"I know,"

"Gahh," he whispered shouted, "I'm just gonna say it...," he took a deep breath, "sleep with me,"

"Why," I tilted my head in confusion.

"Being I'm worried you might not get enough rest,"

"You don't have to worry about-"

He suddenly dragged me to the leafs bed, "we are sleeping, so the both of us can have energy tomorrow," both of us stood on the bed, "sleep now,"

"Fine," I sighed in defeat. I lied down on the bed and Neteyam did the same.

We had our faces facing each other. Sense I could sleep I just blinked my eyes. He already had his eyes closed but he wasn't sleeping.

After a short while, he opened them, "still can't sleep," he smiled at me.

"Yeah," I said and decided to asked questions, "why are your braids so dramatic,"

He chuckled at the question, "uhh well, some say I got them from my mom. My braids move on their own and I'm not that annoyed by it," he explained.

I hummed, "your mom is pretty," I complimented his mom, "and you too, you look a lot like her,"

He smiled and turned purple, "Um uh thank you," he avoided eye contact.

"Hmm talking to you while trying to sleep actually helps me," I yawned.

"Well sleep, or should we talk more until you fall asleep," he requested.

"Yeah I'd would love to continue this conversation," I smiled.

———{                                     }———

We talked for a while about anything. Memories, common interest, favorite things, anything to help me sleep. But oh I guess we were wrong.

I giggled.

This boy is really fell asleep first.

His chest went up and down as he slept on his back, facing the ceiling.

I got up a bit to get a better look at him and went closer to his face.

I planted a kiss on his forehead, "Sweet Dreams, my friend," I then closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

———{                                     }———

POV: First person, Neteyam

I smiled and terribly blushed as I felt soft skin against my forehead.