Chapter 60: My Gem

POV: First person, Neteyam

"Are you sure you know what you are doing," I shout at Y/n as we flew to the strumbeest herd, "you might get hurt again,"

"You sound like your dad, Neteyam," she laughed, "Don't know. Don't care," she flew farther off me.

I rolled my eyes and slightly growled, at her for not listening to me.

———{ }———

We saw the herd of stutmbeest. Y/n, Noru'ite, Noru'ite's parents, Tarsem, some other Na'vi and I, were all there. To see this exciting challenge.

As a child, I was always excited for these hunts, even more excited when I was my turn. And then I became the young out of everyone to hit the sturmbeest with a clean shot.

Noru'ite raised her arrow at the herd but stopped to look at Y/n. Who just watching Noru'ite do her thing, "this is a hunt Y/n, get your bow ready," she smirked at Y/n.

"You first," Y/n smirked back.

Noru'ite of course, was pissed off at Y/n for being full of herself. She missed her shot at a sturmbeest, causing herd to notice that they were being hunted.

Noru'ite huffed and scream quite loud in frustration. I tried to hold my laughter at how much Noru'ite was trying to impress.

Y/n's smirk grew wider, already with her bow. She raised her body high up. Her back arching a bit, to get a better angle.

I was getting that feeling again, but shook it off, for... it was bad timing.

Y/n made her that her arrow will give enough force to go through the Sturmbeest's eyes across and into another. She watch as two sturmbeest were running at the same pace.

And she did, with an absolutely clean shot, her arrow was pushed through the eyes and into another one. Causing both sturmbeest to fall. The rest of the herd was already gone just in time.

Everyone eyes widen as we dropped down, including myself.

"That was incredible," I placed both hands on my head, "How- Wha- I'm jealous Y/n," I was gawking and gasping seeing the two huge sturmbeest.

"And theses one are very large," Tarsem smiled at Y/n, "You've done very well. You might as well be the next mighty warrior,"

"Tarsem," I growled at him, "well no one could do a clean shot like me at a young age... I'm very sure,"

Y/n laughed. Noru'ite was very quiet the whole time. It seem she trying to adjust all this. For that it was happening to fast.

"We should bring these back, and have a celebration," Tarsem ordered the Na'vi.

———{ }———

We land back at the cave system, with great finds. Everyone was amazed by the sizes of the sturmbeests.

When Noru'ite and her parents landed, Noru'ite started to weep and cry, "this is not fair mother, she- she was distracting me- it's her fault I- I wouldn't mess up if it wasn't for her," she wailed.

The Na'vi saw this and knew that it meant that Y/n was the one that killed both sturmbeests and Noru'ite didn't get anything. They cheered on. Even Spider came too, amazed.

"Y/n caught both of these, with a clean shot. Having the arrow got through it's eyes, striking another one," Tarsem continued to describe it further.

Noru'ite's friends came by to comfort her, glaring at Y/n for ruining her life. Noru'ite cried harder. They soon left.

"Well," Y/n finally spoke, "I guess it seems someone has taken your place as a baby," she joke.

I laughed with her. We walked off the crowed, wanting to be alone together, in my tent. Thinking about waiting for dinner.

"Honestly thought, I knew she wouldn't win. She never had the motivation to do training," I held her hand, "you did well. Tarsem is right through you might be the next mighty warrior,"

She looked at our intertwined hands and looked back at me, "even if I do become a might warrior. You are still my mighty warrior," letting go of my hand and ruffling my braids.

"Hmm," I hummed as she still had her hand on my head, "And what should I call you mine as," I asked, getting closer to her, our noses brushed up against each other.

"Well get on with the names,"

"Hmm love?"

"No sound a little cheesy,"

"Baby girl?"

"Ew no,"

"Babes?"

"Oh my Eywa,"

"My raindrop, sunshine?"

"Cute but too long,"

I just laughed, holding my stomach, "oh I am terrible at naming I suppose,"

She laughed too, "You are going to be terrible at naming your future childern," she shook her head.

The word future childern, made my tail stand straight up, "Future... childern,"

Her eyes widen, realizing what she said, "oh sorry... uhh continue," I was slightly blushed at what she said. I lean closer to her, I look at her chest.

"May I lay on top of you," I requested smiling.

She grinned, "of course," she lied down on a mat, I place myself on top her chest. She  was warm, I could hear her heartbeat, her chest raising up and down.

"Now I have a perfect on for you,"

"It better be good,"

"How does my gem sound,"

"Oh I can already get used to that name already," Y/n wrapped a hand on my head, the other stroking my back, sending me tingles again.