Chapter 32: All about you

(This song fits Neteyam so well to me💖)

POV: First person, Neteyam

"So...," I fidget my better hand against my thigh, as I try to find the right words.

"Hmm what," she respond, dapping some plant medicine on my wound.

"Uhh... Was one of your parents an avatar, like my father," I asked hesitantly.

"An avatar," she said confused, "hmm no, from my nightmares, my parents and clan were only three fingered Na'vis," she placed a long leaf along my palm.

"Oh... have you ever think about joining the Omatikaya, when you were a child.. we- we would accept you. My people there are not like your clan. I'm sure so," I looked at her as she continued to heal my hand.

"I know I could've... but my nightmares started when I was young. So I was afraid that you might not accept me either way," she brought herself up, looking at me with the straight face again.

I hummed, "I know you seem very uncomfortable about this conversation... but I care about you and that means I want to know more about you," I took her hand and massage her skin.

She smiled, "but you know so much about me already, what else is there to know about me," she questioned me.

"Well you are a mystery to me," I smiled too, "I mean you literally appeared with my grandmother with only an introduction and little pass about you," I began to massage her arm instead of her hand.

"Well then, what would you like to here," she smirked and slightly place her on my cheek and squeeze it.

"All about you," I laughed and smirked back, leaning in the her warmth.

———{ }———

We talked till we could not long see the sun. She checked at the top of the cave to check if there's anything suspicious. When the coast was clear, we rested our body at the top of the cave, watching stars move, meteors flashing before our eyes, ikrans flying and the nature singing us glorious tunes.

There we settled to talk more, even skipping dinner.

"Wait did you really saw that.. now-now that's just really embarrassing," I placed my hand over my eyes, groaning.

"Haha yeah, the way you pouted and cried to your father after you missed your shot at the fish was absolutely priceless," she laughed, "and the way you try to throw your bow at the fish instead," her legs swung around and placed her against her chest to control her breathing.

"No- no no more, c-changing the subject," I laughed along with her.

"Hey you're laughing too," she turned to me, "hmm how bout I ask you a question," she asked.

I turned to her, "you just did,"

She scoffed heartily, "Well what were your first thoughts, when you were like reawakened or more so came back to life," she asked.

I continue to look into her eyes, "it felt very odd... I only remember being shot and everything going black. The next thing I knew I was underwater, the place was were the Metkayina's hold their funerals,"

"So.. that scar in the middle of your chest is where you were shot," she questioned again.

I hummed and thought of something that will take courage.

I took her hand and placed it against my firm chest. Her finger tips touching the scar. I held my breath lightly as she took this, and grazed her fingers along my scar.

"It kind of looks like a star.. a star scar," her eyes sparkled with delight. Her eyes began to droop.

"You tired," I asked and place my hand on the side of her head, brushing her hair.

"Yeah, like I said, talking to you makes me tired," she replied, yawning.

"Then sweet dreams, Y/n," I brought myself closer to her and kissed her forehead.

"Sweet dreams, Neteyam," her eyes drifted to, I hope a happy dream.

"I hope that one day I have the courage to say more to you," I closed my eyes as well.

I think I love you Y/n