Chapter 86: Food rush

POV: First person, Kiri

Before encountering Tisreya and Y/n.

"Hey Kiri," I turned around to see Dad as I sat down on the pathway, watching the sunrise.

"Hi," I tried to smile but failed to.

"What's wrong, Babygirl," His face worried, sitting along with me. I turned to look at him but look back at the sky.

"Why did Spider save him? After how much we've gone through... I thought all this would have ended now," my voice quivered, "I hate like this Dad. I hate running away. I hate having to deal with war. I hate being scared for my family. I hate being scared all the time," I began to sob uncontrollably. As I cried, Dad immediately came in the embrace me, having his comfort makes me feel better.

"I know, Babygirl. I know," he stroke my hair as I cried.

"I'm scared, Dad. Why can't we be happy for once," I hugged back.

We stayed there for a moment. Although I always yearn to know my real father. I am grateful to have him.

———{ }———

We went back inside, going back to sleep. After an hour or two, the rest of my family woke up.

As we were making breakfast, my older brother saw how puffy my eyes were, "Hey, you okay, Kiri," Neteyam whispered to me, concern filling his eyes.

I nodded, "Yeah... I'm okay now, don't worry. Dad already comforted me," I smiled, wrapping the meat and vegetables in the leaves.

He hummed and smiled, "That's good," he ruffled my hair. I rolled my eyes, as I continue to make breakfast.

I am truly worried for my family's safety.

Haven't we suffered enough? Especially mother... And Spider...

I shook my head and sign trying not to think about it.

"When will Y/n get better," Tuk pouted at Mother.

Mother gave her a reassuring smile and rubbed her cheeks, "She'll be fine soon,"

"Okay," Tuk beamed. We finished our cooking, now moving on to eating our breakfast.

My brothers' scarfed down their food as if they have never been fed, the rest of the family looked at them, "What's the rush?" Dad asked, raising a brow.

"Nothing!" Both of the boys quickly said, then turned to each other, giving weird looks.

"To where are you two going?" Mother forwarded the questions.

"Training," Neteyam said, turning to our parents.

Lo'ak fidgeted, looking back and forth from Neteyam to Mother, "Oh me? Um uh- oh I'm going hunting with... Aonung and his friends," he nodded.

"Neteyam you have never thought about the Metkayina's weaponry. And Lo'ak, I know you're in good terms with Aonung, but not his friends," Dad furrowed his eyebrows.

Mother, Tuk, and I giggled at their excuses.

"Uhhh," my brothers both struggle to find words.

Dad sighed and shrugged, "Just slow down, don't choke on your food," he continued to eat.

Neteyam was the first to finish, quickly leaving, "Done! Love you all, bye," he laughed happily. Neteyam was hurriedly trying to finish his breakfast to check on Y/n.

In just a few minutes, Lo'ak was done too, "I'm done, bye," he waved, running away, then stumbling into the water, "Oh shit!" Lo'ak was hurriedly trying to finish his breakfast to Tsireya, at their secret spot.

I rolled my eyes, "Boys' and their love," I say, continuing to eat my food.

"When can I have a boyfriend, Dad," Tuk asked, excitedly.

Everyone turned to look at her, "You can have a boyfriend when you're 80," Dad laughed and shook his head.

"Awww," Tuk pouted, "but I'll already be old by then,"

"Too bad. No boyfriends for you," Dad crossed his arms. Mom smiled and I laughed uncontrollably.