8 - # BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME

U.S.J. ARC
— # part two

content warnings: descriptions of violence & mentioned vomiting.

— "THE ONLY REAL heroes i see are thirteen and eraserhead

"THE ONLY REAL heroes i see are thirteen and eraserhead. perplexing- according to the schedule we retrieved from UA, all might should be here as well..."

the mist of whirring smoke spread wide, darkness enveloping the violet. the hand-covered face formed to the body of a lanky man, more of the torn hands clasped around each of the villain's limbs. then, more faces appear in the mist, immediately followed by the villains stepping out. after a few moments, there are more than a few dozen standing at the center plaza.

aizawa scoffed, slipping the yellow goggles over his eyes as he stepped closer to the edge of the staircase. "so you scumbags used the press as a cover and sneaked onto campus..."

"where is he... i went through the trouble of bringing so many friends who are eager to meet him." the villain standing in front, the one with hands clasped along his limbs and a lanky-looking body said. "they want all might. the great symbol of peace. i can't believe he's not here — maybe if i kill a few kids he'll come out to play!"

kirishima sputtered, shaking his head vigorously. "whaaat? real villains? no way. how could so many of them get into a facility this secure?"

"yeah, thirteen, why aren't the alarms going off?" yaoyorozu asked.

thirteen's fists clenched, glancing back at us. though we couldn't see her face, there was a cold air around her that chilled out veins, one that carried grim promise. "good question. i'm not sure."

todoroki's eyes narrowed analytically. "if the alarm sensors aren't being triggered, one of these villains must have a quirk that's masking their presence here. they carefully chose this isolated facility at a time when as an entry point when a class was being taught. they're fools for trespassing here, but whatever their plan is... they've thought it out."

"thirteen — get them outta here, and alert the main campus." aizawa said. "actually, if they can block our sensors, then they might be jamming our regular communications too... kaminari, try using your quirk to contact the school."

"— yes sir." denki quickly replied

"what're you gonna do?!" izuku said hastily, "you can't fight them on your own- there's too many of 'em, even if you can nullify their quirks, your fighting style's not suited for this. your power works best on stealth and one-on-one fights, that's not gonna help with a group."

aizawa let out a scoff, "you can't be a pro with only one trick. thirteen, i'll leave it to you."

he leapt down from the top of the stairs, soaring down and sprinting until he'd reached the center plaza. izuku stood watching our homeroom teacher jump into the fight and immediately begin taking down the villains, nausea pooling in his stomach in remembrance of what the supposed leader had to say about all might.