35 - # THE FALL

KAMINO WARD ARC
- # part three

content warnings: descriptions of blood, brief mentions of vomiting and broken bones

- LIKE A KALEIDOSCOPE, thousands of shimmering lights flicker against the smokey sky, the only thing displayed on the bright billboards being the fight between the number one hero and the leader of the league of villains

kamino ward had been thrown into undeniable chaos, cars skidded off the roads and parked carelessly onto sidewalks while crowds of people ran through the streets, trampling both each other and the cops that tried to restore order.

i looked up to the skyscrapers, eyes flickering between the news and my friends. they looked elated, still on the euphoric high of their successful rescue mission.

izuku's thumb and pointer finger held tight on the side of my shirt, as if to subtly make sure that i wouldn't be slipping away again. his other hand was gripping his phone, trembling so violently i was subconsciously preparing to catch it with my quirk.

"- yeah, how about you guys? no one saw you?"

shoto responds in izuku's ear, the viridian-haired boy letting out a long exhale. "good, we're stopped in front of the station- luckily we missed that last shockwave. our rescue totally worked!"

"a rescue?!" bakugo scoffs, "that's not what happened back there, you idiots just happened to be my best escape route."

kirishima pats bakugo's shoulder with a wide grin that only makes him angrier. "you're welcome!"

"we had to get out of there so all might wouldn't have to hold back. all of us were in the way," i murmur, sending a pointed glare at izuku. he smiles weakly back at me.

helicopters fly overhead, headed straight to the middle of kamino ward, where black smoke rose into the sky.

'we made the right decision, didn't we?' izuku's voice echoes in my ear as he stares up at the billboard. 'this is what you would've wanted, right, all might?'

the number one coughs into his palm, hero costume torn and dirty on the screen as he holds all for one's face to the ground with his fist. the two speak to each other for a single fleeting moment, but the news helicopters couldn't get close enough to pick up on their words.

all might sucks in a breath, rearing his arm back and yelling, but the incandescent blast sends him flying back. blood spurts from his mouth as his body soars through the air, close to the news helicopter, before gran torino snatches him from the sky.