Chapter 22

My kind of Harrison Smith-McPhee💜

PAULEEN

My mind was kind of messed and... I was like floating after Harrison and I had talked. Ang dami-daming pumapasok na ideya sa isip ko. I got curious about Ingrid, how did she end up like that, a brat, rebelled gangster. I was thinking why the fuck she had blamed on her mother's death. I can't believe it all until now.

I just hope Harrison would be successful upon knowing the truth, because if ever she doesn't have anything to do with her mother's death, she really should be free from those nightmares that was haunting her for a long time. She shouldn't be punished by the sin she didn't even create nor started.

I heaved a deep sigh. I looked around to find Ingrid but I can't see her. I shook my head. Poor girl. I just hope you find your own peace and... justice.

Napatingin ako sa paparating na babae. Kinabahan kaagad ako nang makita ang nanlilisik niyang mga mata sa akin.

Napapanguso ako. "Hindi ko intensyon na paalisin ka kanina. We just need to talk privately---"

"I don't want to hear anything from you," aniya sa malamig na boses bago kinuha ang upuan niya at inusog 'yon palayo sa akin.

"Selene---"

"I said I don't want to hear anything from you! Ano ro'n ang hindi mo maintindihan para maipaliwanag ko?" panininghal niya sa akin.

Napapatingin na sa amin ang iba pang parents kaya tumahimik nalang ako. I heaved a deep sigh before looking at the stage.

"So before this event would officially end, we aspire you all, mothers, to give a message to your daughters and sons. It is now your time to tell your unsaid feelings and thoughts toward them, so grab this opportunity. But before that, let me give an ending statement... For all the mothers and single mothers out there..." The emcee smiled at us. "Thank you for your sacrifices. Thank you for being strong, our heroes!"

Malakas na nagpalakpakan ang lahat. Napangiti ako sa emcee. She really inspired me with her words. I love how she gave us all a motivational words and how she gave thanks to all of us.

The exchange of messages started and I already saw how they had smiled with tears in their eyes. It was a tears of joy.

When it was now Amy and Harrison's turn, I readied my ears to hear their words. I would love to get to know Harrison by hearing from her mother's mouth the words she can say for how Harrison was as her son.

Tumikhim muna si Amy at tumawa. I looked at Harrison and I adored how he smiled lovingly at his mother.

"K-Kinakabahan ako. Puwede bang magpass?" ani Amy dahilan para magtawanan ang lahat.

Harrison smirks at his mother. "Ako lang 'to 'nay, 'wag kang mahiya."

Amy playfull hissed on his son's words. "Kahit kailan ka talaga, anak." Napailing-iling lang si Amy bago tumitig sa binatilyo. She then smiled genuinely like she had reminisced a good memory. "You had been a good brother, Harry. You had been a good son. I know you had been through a lot... that you had started rebelling towards your parents."