3

few weeks passed and haseol finally started her classes. she soon became one of the popular kids due to her looks and her late acceptance even though she has high grades. however, she didn't have that many friends other than her teammates. 

haseol, as soon as she started university, she was accepted into the university's shooting team. haseol was thriving in this sports and she used to be in the national team before so it was a huge advantage for the university.

soon after, she made it into her first competition in korea. 

final.

the words that always gave her the pressure - especially when she is the first student to made it to the finals.

"so-? are you nervous?" eunsu asked

"obviously" she fisted her hands and stretch her arm

"sadly, your parents are not here, so is your brother. though his wife is over there" minyoung interrupted

she pointed at the audience and haseol spotted sarah, her brother's wife - mostly due to her bright pink hair. sarah waved at her and showed the banner she bought.

im haseol, the person who shot thru my heart!

haseol looked at her, touched that she took time to watch her game. she looked around and saw a kevin and 2 other people sitting at the vvip seat. haseol find herself just staring at him and eventually they made eye contact.

kevin was also shocked on seeing her there. he didn't expect haseol to join this type of competition.

"haseol. you're up next" minyoung informed. at this point her bestfriend were her managers.

"break a leg" eunsu gave a light peck on the corner of her lips, something they always do for good luck since kids.

kevin leaned in his chair and raised an eyebrow as haseol walked towards her spot along with other participants - though the previous scene didn't entertain him a bit.

he was there with his mates, jacob and eric, the one in charge of weapons and the one who controls the shipping on their weapons. and they got there because they were the 'special judges'.

they're the biggest suppliers for these types of competition.

"who are you looking at hyung?" eric asked

"that girl" he pointed towards haseol who was double checking her gun and conversing with her friends, he presumed.

"you know her?" jacob whispered

"yeah. she was at junghsin's raiding"

"really-" eric glanced at haseol

"she said she took gun lessons and self-defense afterwards"

"and now she's representing her school" jacob nodded

"what's her name?"

"representing our contestants for the final round! leading the scoreboard, the very first student in her university and the former national athlete in france, im haseol!"

haseol bowed towards the audience and stepped forward.

"im haseol...sounds familiar"

"she's im gongwon's daughter"

"he had a daughter?"

"yeah. 21. got back from paris a few weeks ago" kevin winked after meeting eyes with the girl again.

"you know a lot"

"comes with the job" he shrugged and watched as haseol got ready in her stance.

haseol packed her stuff after receiving awards and compliments from the judges for her great score and achievements.

although being not really fond of flowers, she kept receiving flowers from almost everyone she met except from sarah, even if she's a florist. she was alone now, only a few groups of people were at the stadium. she told her friends to wait at the car, that's how she was alone.

as she closed her bag, someone stood behind her and cleared their throat. she turned around and saw kevin with his friends.

"kevin!" she beamed with a huge smile

"congratulations on winning, cutie. nothing special but i promise you, i'll give you something better next time" he smiled and passed her a flower.

"thank you! how come you're here?"

"just-"

"what was i thinking? it wasn't my business!" she smacked her forehead

"no! it's It's ok! we are just judges, sort of-" he answered

"who are they...?" she cautiously asked

"oh! these are my friends! jacob and eric! they were also there that night" he introduced his friends, who was already blushing and looking around.

"hi! i'm haseol! nice to meet you!" she grinned

"h-hi! i'm eric"

"jacob"

both of them smiled and shyly laughed. haseol assumed they were shy of meeting someone new but kevin knew better.

"oh! i have been meaning to ask, are you free this weekend, on sunday, specifically?" haseol asked

"i think so...why?"

"it's my birthday and i'm having a birthday party! wait-" she pulled out her phone and sent an invitation to kevin

"i see you haven't change the name" he teased

"i didn't. it's cute. and who knows it might happen" she giggled making Kevin madly blush

"that's the invitation. you can bring your friends! i'm pretty sure dad will invite, mr.lee. there's no max actually so-" she shrugged

"sure! surely we can make time and be there!" he smiled

"well then...i'll get going first! my friends are waiting...i guess i'll see you then" she smiled

"yeah!"

"fantastic! see you guys too then! get home safe!" she waved at them and picked up her stuff, running towards the exit