Chapter 4: Keep On Running

- The Next Day -

I had gotten a text from an old friend after work, she was asking to meet up with me and Salvus for lunch just to get together.

We three had been friends for a while, it's only recently we tried to move on but of course it didn't work and none of us liked it.

I read the text on my smartphone and reply to her that I'll be there.

She responds with another question, if she could bring another friend with her.

I answer her that it's OK with me, I general don't have a problem with things like that.

So I put my phone back in my pocket and I got into my truck to drive to the restaurant.

Yes I know I have a truck even though I have an ability, I just like the relaxing and fun drive.

Once I got there, I realized that it was an Italian place. I met up with Salvus in the parking lot and headed inside.

"I wonder who her friend is?" Salvus asked, rather curious.

"Probably not just her friend but I dunno girlfriend? She did say she herself was gay." I shrugged.

Sure enough I see my friend and some complete stranger.

Oh boy, come on Emerson. Social skills, you got this.

"Hey Celina! How are you!?" Salvus beat my introverted ass in social cues greeting that black and mint green haired girl.

- Celina is a 5,0 black and green haired 17 year old. Her eyes are also mint green and her nationality is of Canadian Chinese. Her ability is Gravity Manipulation and she posses a range of 6.0, the second most powerful out of the three of us. -

"Good, good! Looking dumb as always." She teased Salvus. "How are you Em?"

"I'm alright, thanks for asking." I smiled back at her, trying to be polite.

"I want ya'll to meet my friend, this is Fiora. Fiora these two are Salvus and Emerson."

She introduced me to this 5,6 dark brown and violet haired 18 year old girl who looked Mediterranean. She also had violet eyes and long shaggy hair and she appeared rather shy.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled. "You seem rather nice."

"Thank you." She replied softly, clearly shy.

"So is she your girlfriend or something." Salvus broke the ice with a rather rude question.

Celina blushed and punched Salvus' gut "She is in no way shape or form my girlfriend, joke like that again and I'll glue your ass to the ground for a week!"

"Besides, I-I'm not gay." Fiora added.

"Alright well maybe we should all settle down and order some food before we start a bar fight." I tried to take control of the situation.

Eventually it calmed and we sat quietly reading.

I leaned over to Salvus and whispered. "You should totally see if your mark activates with her." I half joked.

Salvus gave me a strange look. "Not my type."

I was dumbfounded, I looked at her and back at him. "How could she not be your type." I whispered.

"I don't know, she just isn't." He shrugged quietly.

"You literally hit on the 40 year old janitor at school but she's not your type." I became confused about Salvus' thought process.

"I dunno man, people have preferences." Salvus finished the small talk.

We Eventually ordered to our waiter and had our food brought back quickly.