Chapter 26: You've Got Nowhere to Run

"Whoever's there must leave now! No one is allowed here!" I hear the man shout.

My whole nervous system was going off, my heartbeat rose and I started to become scared. What if I ruin my life over this?

There's only one way you can do this Em, you have to go past him.

My body sprung off blue sparks from being filled with blue energy.

I sigh and I charge at the man in the doorway. I hit him and he fell back into a wall.

*CRASH!*

"Shit, your power is supposed to be deactivated!" The man cried out.

He turned out to be an employee of Black Systems, security that is .

Deactivated? What does he mean by that?

I used my earpiece and I frantically try to warn the rest of my team. "B.S. is onto us! Everybody grab what you got and RUN."

I start to run out but I was hit in my back.

I was hit with a shadow shard.

I fall onto the ground but I quickly get back up and have my ability on full alert. I couldn't keep any of my guard down.

Once I was up I found who shot me.

"Children like you shouldn't be sneaking around in a company's archives. Especially without permission." Josh Black sneered down on me.

I force my body to heal as fast as I could make it, I then charged up pure blue energy in my left arm. "Why is Daniel not with Black Systems anymore and why is there rampant ability upscaler use around here!" I demanded.

"Such words for an incompetent teen such as yourself." Josh smiled. "Daniel isn't with us because he felt that oh I don't know  that we were immoral. At least to his standards."

He kicked a coffee cup that was on the floor. "He believed that we weren't good enough for him! That we we're going to corrupt the people and he didn't want to stick around for that!Pssh, Daniel Aurora. So full of himself!"

Josh swirled Black shadows around him. "So he left us and created a dumb private defense. Which I have just recently found out YOU'RE part of." Josh grinned. "Who cares anyways. What matters is that Black Systems has succeeded in creating the first mass production ability upscaler!" Josh surround the room in a black void. "Not only that. We built another system. An ability disabler. We've managed to sell thousands of these units in just a DAY, our investors are very happy but most importantly I'm very happy as well!" Josh explained everything in a brief time.

Daniel was right! They were up to something! They caused all of this!

"Get the hell away from me!" I zapped negative energy at him, causing him to feel weak temporarily and I took to opportunity and bolted away out of there. I wanted to reserve my strength so I only stayed around 75 Miles per hour.

I tried to make my downstairs but for some reason, I couldn't go any further down the stairs. There was a large black void protecting it.

I could have possibly negated the void using energy to fill it and thus destroying it but I didn't want to risk any trouble so instead I went up.

I ran all the up to the roof. The roof of the entire fucking building!

Once I was there I stopped and held up an energy barrier around me, getting ready for what would happen next.

Black soon arrived up too and he still looked clean but had physically darkness surrounding him.

"Emerson have I ever told you I was around range 2?" Josh smirked.

Range 2? I thought he was around range 8!

"This right here." He held up his fist, underneath it was a smartwatch. "This watch here is upscaling my ability to upwards of around range 8 to 9" He explained.

I stood in silence as I put the pieces together and understood what that meant.

"Proof that I have indeed built a successful ability upscaler."

"No...." I mumbled.

"Soon, most individuals will have access to power levels such as yours." He added.

"No! They don't deserve it! I don't deserve it and I earned my level!" I barked.

"You hear that Daniel's golden boy?" Josh put his hand behind his hear and then threw a shadow shard into floor. "No one is listening and no one cares!"

I generated two energy blades on my arms. "So full of yourself. I hate people like you! People who think they're somebody when they aren't worth dog shit!" I yelled at him.

I could feel my mental health waiver, I was starting to tip.

"And I hate brats like you who think they can be a Disney princess and save the world!" Josh unleashed shadow demons and used them to knock me off the roof of the building and fall.

Down.

Down.

Down.

Down each story of the infamous Black Systems headquarters.

I WILL NOT END IT LIKE THIS!

I used energy claws and clawed my way down the sides to safely land down onto the street.

I generated an energy cannon and fire a large beam at the very top and destroy it.

A huge crater was left and pieces of the building started to come off.

"Ḑ̵̨̘͉̰͇̊̀̒̇ͅơ̷̫̝̫̜͋̀̂̽̅͑̉̕͝͝n̷̢̧̘̪̥̗͖̝͚̥̋'̷̨̨̡̬̦͍̗̞̼̤̟͚͍̋̋ṯ̴̨̡̥͖̪͎͑̒̔̅̚ ̷̡̧̘̝̰̗̈́̔͂͂m̵̟̤̒̇͆͘ã̴͓͔̾̓̉͋̑̐́̐̈́̉̆̕͝k̶̰̘͈͕͖̣͎͉̿̿́̽̏̀̕͠ͅȩ̴̲͖̉̇̌̐̓̈́͆̿͒̿̌̈́́̅ ̶͙͇͇̠̲̮͔͚̱͈͌̎̎͑̿͝m̵̧̪͙͚͕̦̤̮͌̄̅̍͑̉͠͝͝ę̶̨̜̩͔̜̱̫̳͙̻̞̓͐̓͐̌ ̴͚̺̻̬̦̃͛̓͌̅͛̏͂́̍͛͜͜ȕ̵̪̅̈̿͊͒̔͌͠͝s̸͓̥͇̦̖͉̙̼̗̲̓e̵̡̖̗̝͔͙̤̖͍̦̰̯̮̾͊̏̎̽ͅ ̸̨͉͇̻̈́͑̓͒͌̐̆͆̆͒͋̀̚ä̴̩́̌́̈́̍̅̑̎̍̿l̴̡̊͑̓̓͋̃͋̂͝ḻ̸̛̒̌̈́͑́͌̽̈́͝ ̸̨̡̨̝̮͕͉̠̹̦̺͙̓̃̾̈̀̋̆̾͋̏͂̀͂̌̚ó̸̝̯̫̜̦͔̹̭̔̅̌͌̐̓̑́̔͒͘͘͝ͅf̶͉̜̖̲̞̼̣̅̇̎̓̾̅̊̚ ̴̖̬̺͕̙̘̼̺͇̥̉̄͆̈́̋̾̆͛͆̓̕͝m̶͍̗͛́͋̓͠ͅÿ̴̧̡̛̹̤̠̟͍̯̮̮̥̰̩̤͍́̈́̆̄͛̓̚ ̷̛͇͈̀̑̔̂̀̏̓̀͒̚̚͝͝p̸̧̨͉͔̩̞͕̻͆͗̊͌͗͂͑̓͑̉̕̚ͅo̶̡̭͕̯̓͆̎͘w̵̨̛͓̫͉̬̩̺̦̫̖͙͚͚̌͆̋̓͐̆͒͋͑͘͝ͅḙ̶̢͎͈̫̩̱͍̫̞̏̕͜͝ͅr̷͉̤̜͙̜͓̹̩͈̓͆̋͐̋́ ̵̙͉̘̳͙̏͂̍y̸̨̟͚̘̯̮̠̱̓̽̍́̀͠o̶̦̥̰̝̖̼͍͖̦̼̟̎̀̏̈́ứ̸̢̰̯͍͊̒͊̔̓̓̈́̚͝ ̶̞͕̟̙͖͉̭̲̖͂͗̎͊͋̏̈́̃s̵̖̒̂̆ţ̸̟͇̞͕̙͕̯̥͙̬̍̈́̈́̏͝͝ȕ̸̧̢̼̟̹̼̗͚͇̥͂̇̃͝p̷̯̤̟̻̖͂̿̀͋̂̽̏͠i̶̧͎̦̇̀̀̅̉̃̅̇͂͊̈̌̕̕͠ḓ̶̻̼̣̑̐͒̆̈́͛̇̒̾͌͘͠ ̴̢̯̮̱͉̻̻̺̲͈̍̀̌̂́͒́̚f̸̨̩̭̖̲͉̯̳̥̥̺̼̱̥̙͋́̃̉͋̈́́̾̀̈́͐͝͝͝ű̶̢͕̠̭̼͔̻͝c̶̢͇̹͉͈̭͓͔̺͍̝̺̄̑͊͠k̶̖̱͔̼̮̱̙͎͎̭̟̫͓̏̓̂̓̈́̈́̌̈́͜͜" I yell.

I extend my arms and I sap all the electricity of the power lines nearby and and compact into a giant energy ball.

I fire it at the base of the building, leaving another huge crater.

The battle, was on.