Chapter 38

A/N: Sorry that it's taken so long to get a chance to do real updates. My offline life, online life, and my main job have been very busy. I'm crack-a-lacking right now, by getting busy updating stories here...Some of them get wrapped up in several chapters. Thanks for being patient.

Christian sat in his office, trying to find a way to get rid of his estranged baby mama, the kid, and his annoyingly, pain-in-the-ass sister all at once. He needs to do it quietly and legally. As he leaned back in his expensive, office chair, he was drawing a blank on what to do. Christian silently sat there when there was a knock on his office door. "Mr. Jones, sir, you have an unexpected visitor." The receptionist told him after walking in.

"Ms. Aiden, didn't I tell you about turning away unexpected visitors," He told her while giving her a stern expression. Ms. Aiden was about to speak when a man walked from the side of her and into the room. "That's a stupid rule, Christian Jones," The man stated. "You never know who's willing to help you with certain problems that appear in your life.  And you never know what gifts they'd bring." The same said with a smirk.

Christian's eyes narrowed as he focused on the man before him. He glanced at Ms. Aiden and gave a nod, causing the older lady to nod in return. He watched her turn to walk away and leave, shutting the door behind her. Christian finally focused back on the man before him, clearing his throat to speak. "Who are you? And what gift could you bring to me that would help with my problems?" He asked the man.

The man sat down before Christian and crossed his legs, still smirking. "My name is Jean Baptiste. I own the world-famous Baptiste Entertainment Agency." He said, pulling out a business card and handing it over to Christian.  He took the card and read it before muttering, "Why does this sound familiar?" Jean tilted his head up and continued to smirk. "My number one client is MVP, nine-time Super Bowl champion, Noah Puckerman."  At the sound of Noah's name, Christian looked up quickly. "

"Wait, you're the guy who signed Noah years ago," Christian said in a whispered wonder. "You also tried to sign my sister back then too." He said, causing Jean to drop the smirk and work his jaw. "I really did. I saw the great potential in them both before anyone could." Jean said before sighing in frustration. "But your little sister has some dumb loyalty to those damned Hudson-Hummels and their rinky-dinky entertainment company." He said in a low growl.

It was Christian's turn to smirk as he sat up straight while resting his hands under his chin. "Well, well, well." He began to say as he realized that things were looking up for him after all. "It seems that we may just be able to talk about this  gift you have after all." He told Jean. "But first, what's in it for you?" He asked the man before him, letting him see that doesn't trust him. "I'm a multi-millionaire worldwide thanks to Noah and all the entertainers that came after him." Jean began to say.  "But with him and Mercedes, I could be the multi-billionaire  I should have been a long time ago."

"So, you want my sister in some way to leave the people and company she's always thought of as family to come to you? If you do that, it gets her out of my life. But that's a win for you more than me." Chrisitan said as he gave the man a suspicious stare. "How I truly win in this?" He asked.

Jean began to smirk again and narrow his eyes before leaning in. "I can make your life pristine and clean by locking myself in Mercedes's life until one of us dies. And get rid of your other problem, like it never happened." He told him. "How?" Was all Christian could ask. "You forget, I've known your sister, via Noah, for a long time. I know all the history and the secrets. Hers and yours." 

"Really?" Christian said in disbelief. "Really," Jean said before pulling out something from his suit jacket's inner breast pocket. Christian watched him press play before his eyes started to widen at what he was hearing. "There's more where that came from," Jean explained. "And I can edit it all to make all your problems disappear. When it comes to Mercedes, her fate can go one of two ways, either she can comply or she can be taken down also."

Christian thought on it some before sitting up straight and extending his right hand towards Jean. "I accept your gift," He said as Jean shook his hand. "One on condition, we'll need the best attorney I know. Blaine Anderson." Christian said. Jean smiled and then began to laugh as they continued to shake hands. "What a small world. I heard he's the best. The best when it comes to what we need done. I've always wanted him on retainer." He said. Christian laughed also before nodding. "I'll let him know. You're going to need him on retainer once we begin this," He said as they ended the handshake. Jean watched Christian call Blaine in for an emergency meeting at his home in an hour.