Chapter 28

Hours later, Sam finally arrived at the Tree House Hotel. He saw how beautiful and huge it was. After parking and getting out of his new truck, he saw a one-story house with the sign Front Desk outside of it. He went inside and told them that he was surprising his girlfriend and wanted to propose to her. Sam remembered once Mercedes said that sometimes she uses an alias when checking in some places. The front desk manager glanced at him before speaking. "ID please." The man stated.

Sam looked confused but pulled out his wallet before getting his license out. He gave it to the man, who read the information. "Mr. Evans. I've been expecting you." He told Sam, giving back the plastic card. "Room 4. It's the oak tree all the way down the path to your left. Out this door." The manager told Sam pointing towards a window onto the left. "Here." The manager said, handing Sam a key with a piece of oak wood attached that said Room 4.

Sam looked between the key in his hand and the man, feeling so confused. "You've been expecting me?" Sam stated. "I never got to tell you who I wanted to see or if I needed a room." The manager just moved his hands in a front and back swinging motion when he started to smile. "Stop wasting time. She needs you."

Sam turned and headed back out the front door before heading onto the path. He followed the instructed before he found the tree with room 4 engraved on the top bark of the tree. He climbed up the stairs and raised his hand to knock when he glanced down at his free hand holding the key.

Remembering what the manager said, he unlocked the door and walked in to see it was spacious and had the look and feel of a house. He closed then locked the door, trying to decide where to look for her. Sam was about to head into the living room when he heard faint sounds come from down the short hall.

He walked a few feet before hearing the sounds coming from a room on his right. Sam reached out to the knob and softly turned it. A light click told him it was unlocked before he walked in and saw the back of a very familiar, curvy body facing him. Her body slowly showed shallow breathing. Sam noticed her smartphone was attached to a docking station and it was the source of the haunting music playing on repeat.

He carefully walked around the bed to see Mercedes was fast asleep. Her face and the pillow she laid upon was wet from her tears. His heart ached to see her like that. Sam walked softly back around the bed and eased in before gently pulling her into the front of his body. Sam's arm loosened it's hold while he closed his eyes.

Mercedes stirred in her sleep before she turned in his embrace. Sam opened his eyes to see her facing him and trying to snuggle herself deeper into his chest. "Sam?" She whispered in a broken tone. "Yeah?" He replied back. "Thank you." She told him. "For what, Diva?" He asked, unsure what she was thanking him for. Sam looked down to see Mercedes open her eyes to show how tired and red they were.

"For proving me right. That you were the one who paid attention to see I was gone. And for being the one to come after me." She said, fighting a yawn. "Of course, Mercedes. I'd do it again. After all, I love you." He said in a calm tone. Mercedes could feel a fresh batch of tears fill up in the wells of her eyes as she felt her throat start to hurt. "I love you, too." She choked out before she began to sob.

Sam adjusted them both so he could wrap his arms around her and soothe her. "Shhh. It's alright, baby. I'm here. And I promise you that no one will ever hurt you again. Or so help me, I will beat the living snot out of them." Sam said to her as he worked on calming her back down.

The songs that Mercedes had on repeat: 

The Flash 3x23 Promo "Finish Line" (HD) Song "Alone In The Dark" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q05e1S4GA7g 

AURORA - Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTwdGRHl5Mw 

Alone Again- Laura- Jem and The Holograms 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-alJe-7Upcw