Chapter 41

A/N: The singles from Mercedes' album and the videos Sam and Mercedes will be doing are/will be created by me.

At First Sight' - first single

'You, Me, We' - second single

'Happy Forever Ever' - Third and final single

The next morning, Mercedes woke up feeling great and ready to promote the video and latest single for You, Me, We.  Now Sam is doing better than before, and her niece is growing and learning how to walk and talk. The Evans family has decided to move here and rent out their home to a nice, struggling immigrant family. 

The husband-and-wife work for Dwight at his construction company. They want to save for their own home to build while the parents study for their citizenship thanks to the amnesty program they applied for. Dwight will use Mercedes' connections via flying back and forth from working in Tennessee to his new home in California.

Her god babies are healthy and the light of their mamas' and daddy's eyes. She and Sam are in love and so happy.  Life is good all-around, and Mercedes is healthy, happy, and ready to start this wonderful new day. She got ready to go to her first interview to promote the song. 

After arriving, Mercedes and her backup singers slash dancers slash two of her besties, Unique and Marley, were escorted by their private security into the studio seventeen. They were happily chatting and heading to make-up and wardrobe when Marley noticed there was strange looks given towards them. "Cedes, is it me or does everyone seem to be acting weird?" Marley said as they got ready. "Not that I notice, Marl," Mercedes said with a shrug before sitting down to put on her heels.

Unique was next to sit down and put on her green Jimmy Choos before looking around to notice what Marley was saying. She stood up admiring her new shoes at the same time Mercedes stood. She slyly leaned over to whisper to her dear friend. "Cedes, Marl is right. Girl, everyone is acting like they know something we don't." She said in a hushed tone. Marley stood up after putting her heels on to see Unique stare at Mercedes while she was casually looking at everyone move about but keeping an eye on the star.

Mercedes slowly turned to face her friends, giving them the same look of understanding they gave her.  The trio calmly walked over to the hair and make-up and sat down at the same time. Two Black men and one Black woman began to work on their hair and make-up, just by touching up on them when one of the men whispered for their ears only. 

"We can't really talk about it because we may get into trouble." That cause their eyes to glance up at him in the mirror. "We three decide that we wanted to warn you though," The second man softly told the ladies. "We're real, big fans of you, Unique, and Marley." He added while finishing up Marley's hair.

 "There's been underground rumors that someone is out to do something to you that affects your career, Ms. Jones." The woman said near Mercedes' ear as she leaned close enough to finish her make-up, letting Marley and Unique hear. Before could she ask any of them what were they talking about, a producer assistant peaked in the room to speak. "Two minutes for Ms. Jones and company." 

The three friends got up and thanked them before walking away. Mercedes paused mid-step and walked back to gently touch their hands, looking them in the eyes with a worried expression on her beautiful face. "Thank you. I mean it." She softly said to them. They nodded before she walked back to where Marley and Unique stood waiting. 

"Welcome to the Terri Del Monico show! I'm Teri Del Monico. Owner and creator of A-List Magazine, here hosting my new show. My first guest is the million-dollar star with the billion-dollar voice! Ms. Mercedes Jones to sing her hit song, You, Me, We!" Teri said standing before a live studio audience. As she walked over to her desk, the audience went wild as they cheered and clapped before the curtains open to reveal Mercedes, Unique, and Marley dressed in the latest gorgeous fashions with smiles planted upon their beautiful faces. The music began to play before Mercedes gripped the microphone. Right at the musical cue she was waiting on; she began to sing while trying to push the rumblings out of her mind.