Chapter 12

Mercedes couldn't believe what Lauren just said. Her brother got someone pregnant and is denying the child. "Mercedes? Are you still there?" Lauren asked in a worried tone. "Uh. Yeah, I am." Mercedes said carefully. "What does she want from me, Lauren?" Lauren cleared her throat before she sighed. "She wants to talk to you in person. She would like to ask you to do a DNA test to show Christian that this little girl is family. Your family. His family."

She furred her brows as she was deep in thought. "And that's all she wants?" Mercedes asked. "That's all. She has her own money. She just wants him to be a father to their daughter. She has no living family on her side."

"I'll be there soon." Was all Mercedes said before she got up to get her keys. "Okay, I'll let her know," Lauren stated before they both hung up at the same time. Mercedes grabbed her purse then headed out the door to get ready to meet this woman and her daughter.

Sam was working out on his treadmill when he heard a familiar tone in his Bluetooth. He pressed the button as he continued his workout. "Hello?" He sang into the phone. "Well. Well. Well. Why are you so chipper?" Santana asked. "Because life is great! That's why." He told her as he lightly jogged. "I am co-starring in the number one video of Vevo, Youtube, Tumblr, Twitter, and basically the entire Internet! It's made my name come up once again! I may soon have more work because of it!"

"Uh, huh," Santana said with a light chuckle. He narrowed his eyes before he spoke. "What?" He asked her. "You sure it's not about the sexy, sweet, beautiful, thick in all the right places goddess that you're working with?" Santana stated. "San, you're a married woman." He reminded her. "Married, Sam. Not dead." She replied. "Even Britt mentioned how tasty Mercedes Jones was in the first video."

"You two are too much, you know that." He laughed. "Stop changing the subject, Evans. Just admit that you're having wet dreams about Miss Jones." She said. He rolled his eyes and imagined Santana grinning over the phone. "I'm not admitting a damn thing."He told her. "I will admit that she's a great friend and I am lucky to know her."

"Sam!" Santana said it aloud before she huffed a breath. "San!" Sam retorted before laughing. "Look, manager slash agent slash best friend. If I ever have feelings for Miss Jones or anyone, you'll be the first to know. Not counting my family, myself, and the woman I fall for of course. Deal?" He said.

Santana sighed before she spoke. "Okay. Deal." He shook his head and smiled. "Was my non-existing love life all you called about?" Sam asked her. "No, not really. I got a call about a job. Well, a sort of job." She stated.

Sam pushed a button that brought the treadmill to a careful stop. He had a look of surprise and hope upon his face while he stepped off the exercise machine. "Are you kidding me?" He said with happiness. "Nope. Not kidding." She told him.

"Well, who is it?" He asked. "Well, Sam it's a co-job with A-List Magazine. They want you to do a photo spread." Santana said carefully. "That's great, San! Why aren't you happy about this news?" Sam asked, worried about his best friend's tone.

"Because they want you to do the entire spread with Rachel," Santana said in a soft tone. Sam's smile fell as he stood there in his workroom. "Rachel? As in Rachel Berry, my ex-girlfriend?"

Mercedes finally arrived at Lauren's office and stepped up to the door. She didn't have a chance to knock as Lauren opened the door and stared at her with a straight face. She watched Lauren move aside and let her walk through.

Mercedes had taken just a few steps before she halted, looking straight ahead. There before them was a red-headed white woman holding a red-headed baby girl with very fair skin and African-American features. "Oh. My. Goodness." Mercedes softly mumbled under her breath. "Mercedes, meet Emma Pillsbury and her daughter, Tamara Julia Jones," Lauren stated. Mercedes glanced from the woman and child back to Lauren with surprise. "Emma and Tamara meet Mercedes Jones. Christian's sister."