Chapter 44

A/N:  Sorry, there hasn't been any updates on your favorite IR fanfiction and original fiction here and my paid IR original fiction at kindle vella, but offline life has been crazy. Plus, my brand-new plug to my new laptop broke when one of the cats jumped up on my desk, almost knocking my closed laptop down. I had to wait for my next check to order one. But I have a breather moment today, so I am going to update for you. Enjoy this short chapter and the new updates this weekend.

Sam read the text from Unique stating that Mercedes will have a big meeting with everyone after the initial meeting with Jean and his company.  He exhaled a worried sigh before receiving another text. This time it was from Mercedes. She was at Jean's office, waiting in the board room. She just wanted to tell him, if he'd be patient with her this will all be over in a few weeks.

He sighed once again before texting that for her, he's wait forever. He really loved her and was in love with her. He trusted her and whatever she has planned. He added another text that said if she needed him to text and he'll come running.  After seeing her text, a heart and smiling face emoji, Sam was ready to busy himself with his two major plans.

Mercedes was up and dressed for what she felt was the worst day in her entire career. She had her hair pulled back in an ordinary bun while dressed in a green and blue tracksuit. Her feet were in some white tube socks with green and blue FILAs completing the look. She made sure not wear any make-up, just some cherry ChapStick that Sam left on her dresser, that last time he was over. She needed apart of him with her today as she sat in the conference room of Jean's company.

Before she could even get lost in her mind and figure out what to do about this, the conference room's doors opened wide. She turned her head to see Jean and Noah walk in first before the board room members and staff. Jean waited until everyone was seated before taking his place at the head of the table.  As he sat down his smile turned into a frown when he noticed how she looked. 

"Mercedes, what are you wearing?" He asked in a confusing tone of voice. She looked calmly in his direction before speaking. "My clothes, Jean." Mercedes narrowed her eyes at him. Jean looked disappointed at what he saw. "Well, you need to know you must be dressed up at all times. It's my dress code." He replied. She cut him a look before turning her body all the way in his direction. "Jean, you may have bought my contract right from under me and Hudson-Hummel entertainment." She told him in a calm but stern tone. "But that doesn't mean you can change who I am and how I am."

The board members, staff, Noah, and Jean all focused on her while she continued to talk. "If you look at the addendum on the final page of my contract, directly under my signature, next to my initials and the Hudson-Hummel clan, and Noah's," She smoothly directed them all to do. "It states that I am in total control of me, myself, my body, and my career. Including style, hair, look. And if my contract ends or is bought out, I reserve all rights to a test time of being with whoever has my contract. If I don't like it, then I'm out."  She said as everyone began to flip through their copies. "It's also stamped with an official notary state and federal seal. I personally had that done the next day from an old friend who has a copy in their files. I still have my original copy too." Mercedes said, causing Jean bolt up from his seat.

The surprise on his face changed to anger before Mercedes sat up straight yet relaxed. He leaned into Noah before growling and whispering in his ear. "Why didn't you tell me this?"  Noah turned to whisper back into Jean's ear. "I forgot about this. This means this is the original and first contract she ever had, back when the Hudson-Hummels first began when she did." Jean fought not to grit his teeth before they all notice Mercedes push back her seat and calmly stood up.

 "I'll see you all tomorrow to talk about helping continue to promote my current single. Which by the way is still under Hudson-Hummel Entertainment. Noah, walk me out. please?" She said looking in direction. Noah shrugged at Jean before heading out with Mercedes. Once the two of them walked out into the carpeted hallway, she turned to face him. "We're done." She softly told him. "What? Cedes, why?" He asked with a shocked expression. "I didn't remember about my initials and the addendum." Noah said while reaching out to her. Mercedes stepped back some and shook her head. "Never mind that. Why didn't you stop all of this?" She asked him, feeling hurt. 

"You know what the Hudson-Hummels mean to me. You let it be publicly known that I betrayed the very people I not only have worked with since the beginning who are also my friends and family." She told him before Noah stepped closer to gently caress her shoulder. "I missed you and after we went to red carpet premiere, it brought back old feelings. So, I let Jean talk me into letting him handle everything." He confessed. Mercedes jerked away from his touch before giving him a look of disgust. "Yeah, like I said, we're done Noah. After these few weeks, don't ever contact me again. You're erased from my life." She said before literally and figuratively turning her back on Noah Puckerman.

Noah couldn't believe he forgot about the addendum and his own initials. It was so long ago, but he silently guessed that he should've. Especially since he loved her like he said he did. He had hope that maybe by the end of these few weeks she'd change her mind. Noah tried to smile, seeing her not once look back. As he saw her continue past the security desk, the reception desk, and towards main doors, he knew. She meant it. He quietly stood there feeling heartbroken and rejected as he watched her walk away from his life for good.