Chapter 40

After the party, Mercedes rode with Sam to his place where his family settled in, making themselves at home.  Sam had so many rooms that his siblings could get their own space. His mom and dad chose the next most enormous bedroom. When Sam walked in with Mercedes to the smell of fried fish and French fries coming from the nice-sized kitchen in his home.  "That smells good," Mercedes said while giving Sam's hand a squeeze.

Sam gave a small smile before letting Mercedes lead the way to the kitchen to see his dad frying the fries and fish while his mom and siblings took care of the salad and plates. "Hi, family," He said causing his family to glance in his direction and perk up. The smiles on their faces showed how glad they were to see him home.

"Sam!" Stacey and Stevie said at the same time before rushing over to their big brother. "Sam," Mary said before walking up to him to give him a hug. "Why didn't you call  us?" Dwight said as he hugged him next.  "I wanted to see Mercedes first then surprise you guys at home." He explained while hugging his parents.  

"Of course, he'd wanted to see Mercy first," Stevie said with pride. "She's the best. Besides, she's his girlfriend and love of his life."  Stacey nodded in agreement while smiling. "Stevie's right! They're boyfriend and girlfriend. Of course, they love each other." She said before moving over to hug Mercedes. 

Sam was beaming with pride as Mercedes looked around at the Evans' family before they went into a group hug with Mercedes in the middle. She began to giggle before bursting out into laughter. As they all pulled away from each other, five of them sat down at the table. Dwight brought fries and fried catfish to the table. "Let's eat, family." Dwight said while placing the pans down before sitting next to his wife.

"Yeah!" The twins said in unison before grabbing food to put on their plates. Stevie looked up to see Sam and Mercedes with nothing on their plates. "Sam?" He softly said his name. "I'm going to get some, but I just wanted to say thank you.  I already thanked Finn and his family. I wanted to thank you guys for never giving up on me." He explained while looking around the table. "You fought for me.  You all helped bring me home in every way. I love you guys." He said with tears in his eyes.  They all smiled, implying he was welcome and that they loved him too. 

Sam began to serve himself some of the food when Mercedes leaned close to  him and whispered. "About what Stevie said." She softly said amongst the chatter at the table. "What about it?" Sam spoke while adding ketchup, hot sauce, and a few slices of bread to his plate. Mercedes stared at him in disbelief before looking down at her plate. Sam smirked a bit, waiting for her to add food to her plate, before speaking again.

"Diva, there's nothing to talk about. Is it?" He whispered to her. "You are my girlfriend. And I'm your boyfriend, even if we never said the words out loud.  And truth is, you are the love of my life." He softly confessed. "If you weren't, we both wouldn't haven't been there for each like we have. I have so much planned for us. After all, you're making an honest man out of me." Sam said, before focusing on eating. Mercedes sat there in shock from Sam's words. 

She stared at her plate before a slow smile appeared on her face. She could feel a warm blush under beautiful dark brown skin while her appetite grew. The young couple glanced at each other as they ate before conversing with the rest of Sam's family. Mercedes felt so happy that everything was finally looking up.

Santana rushed out the elevator to head to the conference room where they have important meetings. She restructured her company when she not only gave Sugar Motta the New York office, but also when she and Lauren Zizes merged their businesses together. Soon the name  SnixMoZes Entertainment Corporation will permanently be the name with Lauren, Sugar, and Santana jointly running it all.

She rushed into the huge business room with the entire staff there and on the huge SmartScreen monitor was Sugar and the entire staff in the New York office's conference room. Santana looked like she had fire in her eyes before noticing the hundreds of staff in front of her and on the screen before her.  With a heavy sigh, she spoke loudly, "What's happened?"  Lauren glanced up at the room of staff members. Two seated at desks like in a college lecture class with a big conference table down in front of the SmartScreen.

Faces shown they were unsure or worried. Lauren stepped up to Santana and shook her head. "There has been rumors of rumblings in the underground entertainment field." She explained. "Sugar got the heads up on it," she said before Santana whipped her head in the direction of the SmartScreen. "Sugar, what in the hell is going on?" She demanded in a frustrated tone. "Well, there's unconfirmed information that someone is going to poach a major A-list client. Of ours." She said before cringing at her own words.

"What! Who?" Santana said sitting down due to the shock of the news given to her. "All that was said was they are a phenomenal, million-dollar star with billion-dollar talent." Sugar said, while giving a light shrug. Santana was wondering who it could be. "Why does that sound familiar?" She mumbled to herself as she racked her brain.  "Sam! You, actually sat on the floor and rubbed the feet of the Miss Mercedes Jones. The same Mercedes Jones whom everyone calls, 'the million-dollar star with the billion-dollar voice'?"

Santana jumped out of her seat with her face in shock. "Oh my god! It's Mercedes! Someone is trying to secretly snatch Mercedes from our company. Let's cover our asses, protect Mercedes, and figure this out right now!" She said with trying to keep her anger in check.