Chapter 14

The next day Santana arrived at Mercedes' home with her wife Brittany and Lauren. Brittany and Lauren greeted Sam with hugs before they went to check on Mercedes. Santana stood before Sam and greeted him with a hug and a duffel bag of his stuff. "I stopped by your place and grabbed your important stuff and clothes." She told him. "Thanks, San." He said with a sigh.

"How is she?" Santana asked with concern. "Not good. Her brother is the cause of all of this. I called the Hummel family and they said it's bringing up old memories of her family and the loss. They'll be here soon." He told her. "Speaking of family, " She began. "Your mom and dad called. They wondered if you were still bringing Mercedes to Stacey's and Stevie's birthday party this week?"

Sam groaned as he palmed his forehead. "Damn." He softly stated. "With the Rachel mess and now Mercy needing me, I forgot." Santana placed a hand on his shoulder. "I told them that there were a few situations that you were trying to handle. And we would all see them soon." Sam sighed with relief before smiling. "Thanks again, San." He told her. "No problem. It's why you pay me the big bucks." She joked. He shook his head before pulling her into a big hug.

"No, that's why you're my BFF." He told her. Santana teared up a bit before playfully pushing him off. "Okay, Sam. Enough mushy stuff. Go take care of Mercedes and I will go handle this Rachel mess." She stated before looking away to wipe her eyes. "Britt, baby, we got to go! Feel better, Mercedes!" Santana yelled before seeing Brittany come down with Lauren. "I told her that I'll see her when she feels up to it," Lauren said, coming into the living room.

"Okay. Thanks, guys." Sam told the ladies. Before they made it to the door, there was a knock. Sam went to open it up to see Emma, her daughter, and all of the people who matter to Mercedes."

Lauren, Santana, and Brittany stayed for a bit longer for Sam to invite them all in to introduce everyone to Emma and Tamara. Once formalities and the story of how Emma and Tamara met Mercedes was over, Santana, Brittany, and Lauren left. Everyone went and spoke to Mercedes, who was still in bed before coming back to talk to Sam. "Emma, did you and the baby want to go see her?" Sam asked.

"We, will before we leave. I wanted to talk to you all." Emma stated. "Is there any way that Christian can be found? I want Tamara to have a family. I don't have any and I only know some things he told about his life. But not enough to give my baby family ties."

"Well, I can speak for those who knew the Jones and can that you were lucky to get anything from Christian." Burt stated. "Yeah, Mercedes' biological brother never cared for her," Kurt said. "We've been Mercy's family since before her parents died," Finn added. "So, honestly, Mercy being our family is the closest to family ties you can get." "Her parents would have bee so ashamed of Christian," Carole told Sam and Emma. "But they would have loved you, Emma. And that beautiful baby. And Sam," She said with a small smile. "They would have loved you too."

Everyone nodded in agreement to Sam. He looked off to the side, feeling his heart swell. He was about to comment when they heard movement from the archway. "Mercedes!" Marley and Unique spoke together. "Hi, everyone." She greeted."Artie. Finn." Mercedes said their names while walking up towards everyone. "I was wondering if I can take some extra time off before the next video? We can release the single, but I want to take care of something first. "

Finn and Artie glanced at each other before silently agreeing. "Sure, Mercy," Finn said. "Take all the time you need. I'll get to releasing the song first." "Yeah, Cedes." Artie agreed. "I want to get the sets and locations ready anyway. Take your time. " She thanked them before going around to hug and talk to everyone.

When she got over to Emma and Tamara, she sat down. "Emma, I would love to get to know you and Tamara. Would you like to move closer to here to get to know each other? You can stay here until you get on your feet." She asked the woman. Emma shook her head and began to look unsure. "I don't know Mercedes. I would have to pack up and move and transfer my job. Besides, I need to find someone to watch Tamara while I do all this. And what if Christian finds out."

Mercedes could see the woman was truly scared. She placed her hand on top of Emma's and gave her a small smile. "I would like to get to know her by taking care of her until you get everything up here. I can help you with what you need to do." "I will too," Quinn spoke up. "We will too." Kurt, Unique, and Marley added. "We will too." Burt and Carole chimed in. "Count us all in," Finn stated before standing up. "Now, let's leave Mercedes alone to get to know the new members of her family."

Mercedes got up and went to Finn before pulling him into a hug. "Finn, I prefer my extra family members. Because you all are my family as well." He looked down and nodded at her before kissing her forehead then going to his wife. They all kissed her goodbye before leaving to go home. Emma thanked Mercedes and told her that she'll be back with the belongings from the hotel in the morning. Mercedes shook her head and told Emma that she and the baby could go pick out a room to stay in while she called Lauren to help. Lauren told her that she would quickly hire someone to pick up their things then bring them to her tonight.

Once that was settled, the only ones left were Mercedes and Sam. He stared at her and was about to speak when she rushed up to him. She threw her arms around his neck and held on tight. "If it wasn't for you taking care of me and letting me vent, I don't think I could have done any of that. Thank you, Sam." She told him as her face was buried in his chest. Sam wrapped his arms around her waist and nodded. "You're welcome, Mercedes. I guess you're good now and don't need me to stay?" He asked her.

Mercedes glanced up and looked at him in surprise. "Whether or not I'm good, I'll always want and need you to stay." She stated. Sam glanced in her eyes and sighed. "What about needing that extra time off?" He asked.

She made sure to let him see her smiling. For the first time in days, he saw that smile that he fell for. "I need that time off because I have a birthday party to go to." Mercedes told him. "Courtesy of your parents and your siblings, via Brittany."