Chapter 45

A/N: Just a short chapter I wrote while in the middle of work on other stories.

A/N: The singles from Mercedes' album and the videos Sam and Mercedes will be doing are/will be created by me.

At First Sight' - first single

'You, Me, We' - second single

'Happy Forever Ever' - Third and final single

After leaving Jean's company, Mercedes' next stop was at Hudson-Hummel Entertainment. She had long talk with them in between crying, hugs, and apologizing. They all agreed that she didn't need to apologize, because it wasn't her fault. They agreed to work with Jean's people as she promotes her second single. She told them that she would see them later, before heading to her next destination, SnixMoZes Entertainment Corporation. She faced an angry Santana and a worried Lauren. Once Mercedes finished explaining everything and how the meeting went earlier, Lauren told her to make sure that if they pull another meeting, private or company, call her.

Santana agreed and told Mercedes to call her also. As for being angry, it wasn't directed at her. It was specifically for Jean, and everyone involved with this mess. Both ladies got up and hugged Mercedes, making sure to expect more hugs from the Evans family. She let them go and headed over to the Evans home.

She was barely out the door and up the stairs before Sam walked out to meet her halfway. He instantly pulled her into his arms, giving her a big hug and inhaling her yummy scent. It made him realized how much he's missed the last couple of days. "Sam," Was all she could get out before Sam kissed her. He passionately kissed her pulling her closer. He ended the tender moment before he spoke. "I know everything. Everyone's kept me updated. Kept us updated. And if I could get away with punching Noah and Jean, I would do it in a heartbeat." He told her in a low tone. "I swear this has Christian written all over it." Sam said, gritting through his teeth.

The statement caused Mercedes to stare at Sam with surprise. "Christian?" She said in a questioning tone. "Why do you say that?" She said, glancing up at him while still in his embrace. "When the Hummels told me the history of your contract and why it was written like it was, one name kept popping up. Your dear old brother's." Sam explained.  The information made her glance away as her mind began to wonder. Sam exhaled a deep breath while unconsciously rubbing her back. "I promise we'll get to figuring out what in the hell is going and end all of this once and for all, Diva." He told her, causing her to look back up at him. "Yes, Sammy, we will figure this out. You and me. With our friends and family." Mercedes agreed before hugging him once more,