Chapter 26

Mercedes sat next to Sam as they watched channel after channel. And interviews from Rachel, Noah's agent/manager, and even her own brother and his lawyer. Spilling private information about her past, Tamara and Emma or about how she's supposedly involved with a model in her videos which has to be about Sam. She glanced around to see the Hummel family, Marley, Unique, Artie, Lauren, Santana, and Britney sitting together. Sam's family sat together with Tamara and Emma.

Sam reached over to her hand slipped his hand into hers before squeezing it. The gesture was not only sweet, but it made her want to cry. She never felt more alone as she did at that moment. TMZ was now replaying a quick sound bite from Noah about how he never wanted any of this for Mercedes. He glanced into the camera and sent a message that he needs her to just call him.

Sam began to ball his free hand into a fist, wishing he could punch Noah through the screen. He glanced over at Mercedes and saw the tears trying their best to hold onto her lower eyelids. His heart began to break some for her. He was about to open his mouth to speak to her when her doorbell rang. "Excuse me." She told him in a soft, broken tone before letting his hand go.

Mercedes got up and went to answer the door and was face-to-face with Christian and his lawyer and several paparazzi. "Hello, Mercedes. Where is she?" Christian demanded to know before he pushed his way in before the lawyer followed. When a camera tried to come in, she slammed the door shut and locked it. "Christian!" She yelled in shock after watching the reports. Sam and the entire crew heard her say her estranged brother's name, causing them all to get up and rush into the foyer.

Finn unlocked the door before opening it to face Mercedes' estranged brother. "What in the hell are you doing here, Christian?" Finn demanded to know, speaking for Mercedes and everyone there. "Minding my business, Finn." Christian retorted. "How about you worry about your family, baby mama, and kid. And I will deal with mine." Finn shook his head as stepped up to Christian looking down at him in the eyes." First of all, she's my wife and the mother of my child. Second, everyone in here but you two are either family or friends of the family, which still counts in my book. So, this is my business." Finn told Christian with a cool, calm manner.

"Don't say another word, Christian," Blaine stated before handing a card to Mercedes. "Blaine Anderson, financial law, and family court lawyer. Because nine times out of ten, they go hand in hand." Mercedes continued to hold the tears back as she gave the card to Finn before she went to her garage. "Why are you here? " Sam spoke up and asked.

Christian and Blaine focused on Sam before the lawyer leaned to whispered to his client. Santana and Lauren stepped up to the two of them before Blaine's eyes went wide. "Santana Lopez?" He stuttered as Lauren walked up right then. "Hello, Blaine. Long time, no see." She said before stepping up towards him. "I need to ask if you have precedent to even come on her property let alone talk to her." She told him. "No, we don't have one. But she did invite us in." Blaine replied.

Santana shook her head and crossed her arms. She knew he was good but she was better."Why do you even care?" Blaine asked in frustration. "She's not your client." Santana rolled her eyes at him before she closed the distance between them. "She is now. " Blaine was surprised as he looked from her to Christian then back. "Well, it's not like you have a license to practice in this state," Blaine said in a smug tone.

She unfolded her arms and pointed the index finger at his chest. "Again, you're misinformed. Actually, I made sure to be licensed to practice in all fifty states and D.C. Plus even in a few countries. I have do manage many celebrities and famous people, so I gotta protect their best interests. So I will be handling this case. And your client will pay. Making sure men like him are held accountable."

Emma held her daughter and sat next to Quinn. Burt and Finn escorted them out as everyone started to discuss what just happened when Sam's gave a loud whistle. Everyone stopped what they were talking about and turned to Sam. "Has anyone noticed that Mercy isn't here?" He asked before they all started to look around the inside and out of the house, calling her name. Sam then heard an engine startup in the garage. Sam rushed out to it and saw Mercedes start to drive away.

"Mercy! Mercedes!" He yelled as he took off, looking in the direction of her driving away. He stopped a few feet away then sighed. He ran a hand through his hair feeling frustrated at the entire mess of the day. He couldn't believe Christian and his dirty playing for keeps Lawyer. They shared a lot and had plenty in common. He had to let everyone know where she was. Then he would go search for her. "I'm coming, Mercy. " Sam said trying not to get angry with those who hurt her. "Just be patient with me, baby. I'll find you."