Chapter 43

Mercedes lay in her bed, in between Unique and Marley, after their talk.  The two friends peacefully slept on opposite sides of Mercedes while she was in the middle.  Their talk was mostly the three of them in shock at what happened on Teri's show.  Thanks to the stylist team, they knew to expect something big and bad coming up. But to know it was this news, had Mercedes in tears once they arrived at her place.

In the privacy of her locked bedroom, she let the tears flow before the two women she not only considered the best back-up singers and dancers ever, but two of her best friends.  She didn't want them to believe what couldn't be possibly true. That she was to go alone because her contract was in someone else's hands.

She heard her phone's notification ring, causing her to look at the device in her hands. It said that motion detected at her front door. She tapped the notification, which sent her to the live video feed outside. When she saw who it was, she was furious. She carefully got up and unlocked the door before quietly rushing downstairs to turn off the security alarm, unlocking the front door, and swinging it open to stare at the person at her threshold.

"What are you doing here?" She said with anger while narrowing her eyes. "Can't I just visit my newest, favorite star?" The person said with sly grin. "Not if me and definitely not if it's you, Jean." She growled at Jean.  "Aww, now is that anyway to talk about the person who literally holds your career in his hands?" Jean asked as a wicked smile formed upon his lips.

Mercedes' eyes went wide before relaxing as she carefully chose her next words. "What do you want, Jean?"  She asked in a tired tone. Jean just looked at her before lightly shrugging. "I want you and Noah to outshine everyone. Together, as a couple, ruling the world along with me." He admitted before turning to walk away. "See you tomorrow, Mercedes. Bright and early." He said without looking back. He gave a backwards wave before heading back to the car.

She watched the driver opened the door for Jean, who was still happy with his quick visit. Her brown eyes never left him nor the car until they both drove off and were out of sight. Mercedes, decided to get it over with. She would go meet with the Hummel family before heading over to whatever Jean has planned.

The next day, Mercedes went to Hummel entertainment and privately talked to Burt, Carol, Kurt, Quinn, and Finn. "We're so sorry, Cedes," Carol said, feeling bad about everything. "Yes, we should've had a meeting with you and voided out that contract to make a new one." Burt added, feeling horrible that they were all blindsided by this. "Mercedes, what are you going to do?" Quinn asked her. "Yeah, did you know who bought it? We've been out of the loop?" Kurt asked her. Mercedes adjusted herself in her seat and held her hands up to calm them down.

"Guys, I am the one who's sorry." She began to say. "I should have been the one who sat you all down to work on a new contract. Making sure it's ironclad." She said with a sigh. "You weren't the only ones who were blindsided. But to learn that Jean Baptise now owns my contract, I-." She said before Finn cut her off. "Wait, Jean owns your contract now?" He said in disbelief to Mercedes. She nodded and looked at everyone around the table. "Yeah, Teri told us and the world. And then he came over yesterday, bragging about it. I meet with him today. Right after this." She told them all while focusing on Finn.

He sat back and started to formulate a plan while everyone talked around him. He snapped out of it when he heard Mercedes said she had to go. He looked up and gave a genuine smile. "See ya, later." He told her. "Bye, Finn. Bye family." She said before she left the room. He and Quinn went home to their baby and tried to relax. Finn walked in first before turning to give his wife a kiss on the lips. "Baby, I want to check on Sam and then I'll start preparing an early lunch." He told her with a look of love upon his face.

"Okay, babe. I'll relieve the babysitter and pay her." Quinn said before walking into the living room. Finn pulled out his smartphone and pressed the number for Sam on speed dial. He headed to his home office as he listened to Sam answer the phone. "Hey, Sam." He greeted on the line. "Finn, what's up?" Sam spoke on the line. "We saw Mercy and she explained what she knew. But we didn't know it was Jean. We were out of town and left phones and devices locked up until we came home. She just told us it was Jean." He explained with a frustrated sigh. 

"Yeah, San and I have a plan for Jean, Christian and anyone else involved or is trying to ruin her. Want in on it? " Sam asked Finn. "You know it. Infact, my family is going to want in on it too. Because before Mercedes' parents passed, we were her family away from her family. Now we're her only family." Finn stated. "Add on Tamara and Emma, you and your family, Unique, Marley, and the entire crew of people she's known forever."

Sam exhaled a quick breath and Finn could almost hear him smile on the phone. "Well, you guys can come over with the baby to my house. We'll go over what we can do over having a big lunch in the backyard." He said. Finn paused mid-step on the stairs. "Okay, we'll be there." He said before they both hung up at the same time and turn around back downstairs.  Quinn was already bouncing their baby in her arms while cooing at him. 

"Quinn, babe, you and I are heading over to Sam's for a big lunch in the backyard.  Let's get the baby ready to go and we'll call everyone on the way." He told her. Quinn smiled and nodded. "For Cedes?" She asked her husband. "Yup," He said with a matching smile upon his lips. "For Cedes."