↳ ❝ the tango: nihachu ❞

Request?: nah 
Irl or minecraft?: irl
Type: fluff (kinda? idk. i've enjoyed writing things that didn't really fit into an actual group LMAO)
Length: medium ish kinda idk

Summary: (based on the song tango: maureen from rent) in an effort to help, will talks to y/n about her relationship with her girlfriend at a sound check, though this may or may not come off as more than just an assist from the other side(a/n: a songfic? in this day and age?)
(it's not exactly like the song but you get the point)---

you stressed yourself out as you tried to fix the microphone that stood towards the end of the stage, for james' set since he couldn't come to the sound check. you messed with the sampling alone, and struggled. you stared intently at the different wires, unplugging and replugging things, powering things on and off, trying anything to fix the mic. you looked up at the sound of the doors slamming shut, seeing will, one of your less close friends, whom you were barely acquaintances with, who you knew niki had called.

"will?" he waved. "i told her not to call you."

"that's niki, but can i help since i'm here?"

"i think i can handle a mic until the engineer i called get's here."

"alright then. nice to see you-"

"wait." he paused. "she's three hours late..."

"alright then," he said placing down his bag. "what's the issue?"

"the samples won't delay but the cable-"

"there's another way," he said walking over to the mic station where all the cables were connected, adjusting the settings. "say something. anything."

"okay?" you walked over to the mic and began to speak into the mic. "test one two three?" you looked over to will, who held his temple. 

"anything. but that.

you stood around the mic on the stage, standing awkwardly. you spoke up as will played around with mic settings. "this is weird."

"it's weird?"

"very weird."

"fucking weird."

"i'm so mad that i don't know what to do..." you stood ashamed. "fighting with microphones, freezing down to my bones, and to top it all off? i'm with you."

he stood, pushing up his glasses that had hung on the end of his nose. "feel like going insane? got a fire in your brain? and lemme guess, 'you're thinking of drinking gasoline'?"

"as a matter a fact-"

"honey i know this act." you looked at him with crossed arms on the stage, suddenly feeling humbled and self conscious. "it's called the 'tango: nihachu'." you looked at him, shocked, as he said the full username of your girlfriend. not nikita. nihachu. "the tango: nihachu is a dark, and dizzy merry go round alright. as she keeps you dangling as she mangles your heart." you stood shocked as he accused your lovely girlfriend. "you toss and turn in your sleep because of her cold ass eyes and how they burn into you. yet you yearn and you churn and you rebound." you stood listening to his words as he rambled on. about you and about her and about you both and your relationship. 

"i-"

"y/n lemme ask you something. has she ever pouted her lips? and called you pookie?"

"i- never-"

"have you ever doubted a kiss, or two?"

"this is... spooky." you stood a little shaken, though you were taken out of your trance quickly. you were mad.