.one.

I stayed close to my owner, a young male vampire. He was slim with a muscular build, short dark hair, almond shaped light brown eyes, a ' slim nose, plump lips, high cheekbones, and a sharp jaw line with short yet dark stubble. The chill of the winter air had made my exposed arms and legs numb by the time we left the manor's grounds. He held my leash tightly as we crossed the street. A whimper escaped my mouth because of the uncomfortable feeling of the tight collar around my neck, placed there before leaving the grounds and an odd feeling to me, but my owner didn't notice nor care. I had never been outside of the manor, and I had never been treated roughly. My owner's father - who was my original owner - decided I was old enough to be sold. I didn't know where my owner was leading me, but I was too exhausted and cold to really care.

The young vampire had cut my palm to taste me for my blood type, A Negative, after he asked me a lot of questions. I didn't answer a lot of them and he punished me if I said anything or not. He seemed excited about my blood type, which means I will probably be dead soon. It really sucks being a human. I glanced down at the gash on my palm that was now scabbed as other immortals walked passed us. We stopped as we came to the next light crossings of the sidewalk. When the light turned into a walking signal, my owner turned right.

"This way." He said before turning his head to ensure I was still close as we crossed the road.

I kept my eyes down, knowing I could be punished for looking into an immortal's eyes and knowing how much anger my master has. After passing a few of the buildings on the street, a section opened up. It was a darkened alley. My owner wrapped the chain connected to my collar around his hand to shorten the length of my leash, forcing me to step closer to him. We came to a black door that was almost hidden in the darkness. My owner cleared his throat before knocking on the door loudly in a rhythmic manner.

I held my breath in as the door swung open, letting the light from inside shine out onto us. I closed my eyes, trying to calm down my fears and tell myself I was back in the basement, alone, having a nightmare.

"This area is off limits - " A male's deep voice said.

"I have an order for Nick."

The deep male voice sighed, "I'll get him."

I heard the door slam closed as my owner stepped away from the door and walked down the side of the brick building, yanking my now short chain. My eyes shot open as I tried to keep my balance. My owner turned around and quickly pulled me behind him in annoyance, "Just stay hidden behind me, girl. Don't make a sound and don't move."

I nodded as I moved my small frame behind his, even though he couldn't see my nod of agreement. I could hear men laughing in the distance. I wanted the laughter to comfort me, but I knew I wasn't going to make it until dawn.

I was clearly going to die soon.

"What did you find, Evan?" A deep new voice said, startling me. I held my breath so I wouldn't make a sound as my body jumped in reaction to the voice. If I do what my owner says, maybe he won't let this Nick guy kill me.

"She is pure, taken from my father's farm. She took care of the newborns. Untrained and never been touched. I only cut her hand to see her blood type, she's A Negative." My owner, Evan, said happily.

The deep voice sighed, "She better not be hot with an amazing body. I can't have a personal pet with this band. They come from the mortal realm."

My owner chuckled, "Then it's fitting she failed all the tests to be a pet if you're just going to kill her."

I felt my heart stop beating.

I really was going to die.

I was chosen just to feed a vampire and I hadn't even been bitten before. Evan chuckled before unexpectedly yanking my chain roughly, causing me to lose my balance at the sudden jerk and fall into Evan's back. Evan elbowed me off of him quickly in response to my accidental touch, forcing me to fall painfully to the gravel beside him.