Chapter 5 - Where It All Began Part 2

Darcy---)

They used to say, "The quietest kid, even if you see him quiet, do not mess with them." If that were to happen, though, they would grow into something larger, like a tiny spark in the middle of a forest. They are the most dangerous because they are only waiting for something bad to happen. Their villain arc will revolve around that, but I think it will always be for a just cause—revenge.

That's what going to happen with Brayden I was the cause of his villain arc since I was already one, and now one going to become two, he's going to come up with that Game called A+ so he can hurt me back.

Brayden--)

So yeah, everything happened for a reason, they said. They are probably right. I spent a month preparing the idea behind that game and created it. Granpa, or GP, was my only sponsor because, in addition to being the only wealthy member of the family, my dad and I do not get along well and he treats me disrespectfully for using his money. I made a promise to him that I would build my own kingdom without his assistance.

Like with all wealthy or billionaire families, mine is an intricate family tale. The line then continues, always revealing a sinister secret that they are keeping hidden from everyone.

It all began with Grand, Grand, Grand, Grand, Grandpa Jack Legrand. It sounds French, isn't it? Indeed, his parents were French, but he was born in the United States, which is where our obsession with speaking and traveling to French-speaking nations comes from. To continue, he was a player who enjoyed playing a lot of games. One night, an unbelievable event would occur: he would win the pot in a poker game, and his wealth would be inherited by future generations. As the lone child of his father, GP will inherit everything from him. With the help of his wealth, he will support my dad in pursuing his career and evolving into the man he is today.

I was not even close to being whole that night after Darcy completely broke me. My ex Kishara makes sure of that by sleeping with one of my best friends. Then Darcy will break the part of me that was intact.

GP saw that he came to me while sitting by myself outside and told me the Dark Secret. No one was supposed to know about this family. Our former home had a forbidden library in the basement that no one could access, but I eventually gave in to my curiosity and entered. The library area was chained up and all the books had keys. I am going to find out that night. The explanation is that, despite our inability to corroborate the theory, it is a curse, as GP used to claim.

Every man in this family will struggle to find love, and even if they do, it will not be a happy ending. Either the person they thought was the one will leave them or die, or they will find a way to solve the problem by making a game that will pique the interest of the other person and lead to either a happy ending or a return to you.

It functions until GP decides he does not want to participate, and for that he has been through a lot, he told me. He even encouraged me to start one, saying that it is not a curse but rather that every family has a custom that everyone aspires to follow.

So I made an A+ just by reading the last five books to get inspired. My grand, grand grandfather's book about the fourth was my favorite, and the romantic fifth book was my least favorite because, to me, it felt more like a scary game than a love story. Imagine having fun with a room full of snakes for sex; maybe one bites them without realizing it, and I would not realize that either because you can forget everything and the feelings are unreal. That was the last chapter, by the way. however, they cherished it. The reason behind their premature deaths is understandable. And so do Danny it was his favorite.

I therefore created an A+ after drawing inspiration from one chapter of the fourth one.

The receptionist said, "Thanks for signing in Julianna Smith and Bergy Williams, I believe you guys are the first group to play this game, so welcome to A+,"