Chapter 16 - In the name of love

Brayden—-) POV

Bling, bling, bling.
My phone started ringing and it was Agent Xolo.

I wonder what's now?

“Hey xolo, you got something for me” I asked

“Listen Brayden, I'm going to tell you something, but please do not freak out, all right?“ Says Xolo.

I just Locked my car and walking towards that beautiful place entrance, trying to get in and to wait for my Darcy and when I heard that I suddenly stop cause I already know that it was bad news I simply say “Alright, what is it man? just spit it out already“

“Darcy got kidnapped while she was leaving the coffee commissary”

“What?“

“But don't worry, we tracked her car, and now the nearest backup are chasing them, including me” I heard him say.

I didn't say anything more, just “send me their location now” While rushing to make my way to my car and the I hung up

Just right after I received a message from him, I checked it out, and then I was on my way, burning the speed limit and red light like the rules aren't implying to me like everyone else.

While I was chasing them as fast as I can, suddenly i remarked I was proach and also that the car stop running, I never stop for a second and I wasn't planning on doing it anytime soon, now that i know I am about to catch them. So keep pressing till I got to where the car is parking, which is on the side of the road.

“Darcy, Darcy” I screamed, then I took out a gun while running towards the car “Are you okay?“ I ask, thinking that she was still in there. But when I took a look, no one was in there.

They left this car and got in another one cause they knew that we were after them.

I stacked every rage that was inside of me, and then I let it all out with a scream just after I'm done screaming, and then I punched through the window.

Right after that, I saw Xolo, and his backups appeared out of no where “We will find her, I promise” he exclaimed

I take a weird glance at him, and he knows that I was hurt inside and that no one can stop me from what I was about to do

“They better pray that you did find them first” I responded

I got in my car and then I made a call.

“Son, I heard everything. Where are you? are you okay?“

I didn't respond and then he keeps going “I'll take that as a no cause over here no one is okay, Rachel is on the floor and your mom and Her mom can't even holding themselves so please answer and tell me you ain't about to do nothing stupid”

While on the phone, I can hear Rachel crying “ I want my sister back, please Brayden do something cause she's all I got”

“I know exactly what to do…call the President and put me through” I rambled

“No , what are you doing? Do you really want to take that road, please think twice”

“God damn it, do as I said already” I yelled

“Alright, calm down. I'm going to call him right now”

After a few seconds, I heard him murmuring on the phone with the president.

The president “ Where is he? Is he alright?“

And my dad replied “not really, I'm going to put him through now”

Then he put me through with Mr. The president.

“Hello son. As soon as I heard, I sent reinforcement, all of the best, believe me they will find her in a matter of time” says the President

“I appreciate that, Mr. The president, but that's not why I make him call you”

“I know, and my question for you is, did you think about what you are about to do right now? Cause there's no going back now”

“Yes I did. Now, are you going to ask me if I want to be the new US Ambassador, or are you going to let me wait any longer?“ I asked him

I heard him smirk on the phone and the he ask me “Brayden Pierce, do you accept to be the new Ambassador and to help your country, the United States, find a solution to the new crisis we are in right now?“

“Yes I accept but with two conditions”

“Talk to me son” he replied

“It's only temporary till I deliver black face to you in a tray”

“I did not expect more from you, now last condition?” Ask the president

“I want my dad to be by my side to guide me through the process”

“But...”

Then i interrupt him “This is the deal or nothing. You'll get what you want all along, and I'll get what I want…no one at the ambassy is to be trusted right now except him”

“I wanted you to be a permanent one, not temporary. But okay, son, you are now to leave for the United Kingdom first thing in the morning”

Then he hung up.

Suddenly, I found myself on a path I had long since marked with a red cross to serve as a constant reminder to never take the easy route. It was the last thing I ever wanted to become.

But rather than taking the most direct route, which no ambitious person would ever take because they believe it would be simpler to reach their goal if they take the widest route, the truth is that sometimes the easiest route is also the most difficult, and I am going to take the widest route right now. Everything for the person I cherish and adore the most in this world.

The one who altered my perspective on the world. After all, what wouldn't you do when it's comes in the name of love.