Chapter 40 - Illusion

Brayden POV...

A bunch of unknown journalists stopped me while I was on my way to a meeting.

"Brayden Pierce, do you have a second?" asked one of them

I turned around and when I saw who was it I was surprised and curious to see what she was going to ask me after all that time.

"What is it?"

She did not ask her question right away but instead, she let someone else ask first "How is your new life going on after you pulled an uno card to put your family up again?"

"What can I say, never feel better" I simply replied

Another one came forward and she was still standing in the back, in the middle of the wild crowd glancing at me when I know damn well that this is her show, so my eyes were still on her.

"Your father broke the law before who tells us that he is not going to do it again?"

"First of all, he didn't...it was one or two people who were working under him, let's just say there is a difference" I rambled

"Are you telling me that it wasn't him?" the journalist continued

"Listen, he was trying to figure out who it was before making any false assumptions, and that's what he did, right? With a little help of course"

"Doesn't that make him a partner in crime? cause he should have let his superior know as soon as he suspects this" Ask another one as he was a guy, and I couldn't bear to even look at him... the Bastard

"Look, what don't you go and ask him, he would be glad to respond to this question face to face, and please put your glasses back on, so you can see that I am clearly not him!" I started and some of them were laughing

Finally, the one I was waiting to say something, about came forward, she looked me in the eyes and dared to say "How does it feel like your famous relationship or should I say the most famous relationship in this world ended just because you stop yourself from cheating on Darcy with you a therapist?"

Seeing the look on my face she could have seen I was very angry and surprised at the same time cause how dare she? And how did she know all of this from?

"As I can see, you are always on games, ain't it?"

She turns off her microphone then she adds "This is payback for France" She winks, and I glance at her and smirk.

"No comments" I simply said whilst turning my back on her, and them.

P.S.

At Brayden's parent's house.

Javi was with Grayden they were at the bar drinking but not he was back, he didn't want to go straight to his room so his wife would not see him like this so he tried to sneak into one of his secret spots into the building.

"What if your wife catches you sneaking out so you can drink?"asks Javi

"I don't think she would have said something cause it's not like I was smoking, I'm just drinking to avoid thinking about the past and started making theories of the term you just used 'What if?' "

"I feel you but you cannot change the past, it is what you are going to do in the future that changes their point of view by showing them who you really are!" stated Javi

"Very wise of you Javi!" he said while putting a bottle on the back of his head.

"Hang on...what does it take so long for this elevator to stop? Is it always like this?" asked Javi when he realized how long they were going.