Chapter 38 - Assumptions

Darcy POV...

2 weeks later...

He was with me all day, he did not go to work, and nor did I.

I was doing his hair, and later on, he helped me with dinner, with the laundry, we had sex there as well, and on the balcony, and then in the tub, anywhere.

We were at peace at last, or that's what I thought?

First, he received a message he read it and did not react to it whatsoever.

* A message from an unknown person*

Hey handsome, can we talk?

Cause I have missed you so much, I'LL make Up for everything. The thing iS if I told you I didn't regret all I've done, know that I'm lying, so let me knOw wheN you are available.

Kisses, Kishara!!

****

Since he was taking a break from acting, I initially assumed it was his agent texting him to inform him of any updates in the acting world, but since he is back, who knows?

Subsequently, his phone started ringing repeatedly, and neither he nor I asked him who it was.

In the middle of the night, the same thing kept happening at one point he was tired of it so he put it on do not disturb mode but this time I couldn't let it slide so I asked him.

"Who is that Brayden who kept blowing up your phone at this time?"

Just before he pulled me in for a kiss, he said, "No one important that can not wait for me to call back. I dedicated today as a day for the two of us so it got to stay that way." It was so sweet that it instantly put my worries aside, and I was unable to let go of him.

The subsequent day...

Brayden was walking down the street, eager to get somewhere, and I was there too, following him around in a car I had borrowed from Javi so I could get a glimpse of him in action.

Once he arrived at his destination, he picked up his phone and started to type. A short while later, a woman emerged from the door, gave him a kiss on the cheek, and he followed her inside before shutting it. I was furious with him, wondering how he could have hurt me in that way. We shared every secret. We don't have anything to hide from each other, how could he betray me now?

Since there was nothing I could do about it at the time, I got out of the car and went to a nearby park to wait for the situation to unfold.

I made a phone call, and Emma made a phone call, Ruby called Chloe, and she then put Dora on the line, we were all on the line talking to each other.

"Well, do you guys think he is at it again?" I asked

"That would be ridiculous, cause he got what he always wanted which is you" stated Chloe

"At least that's what we thought" continues Dora

"Just chill out before making any assumption that is not true" stated Emma

"Okay, what do you suggest then?" asked Chloe

"What am I suggesting is to wait before making any unnecessary judgment"

"Emma may be right, Brayden has been..." Ruby was saying this before she got interrupted by all of them to tell her.

"Don't say any name" they all rambled together

"Okay, okay the suspect" Continues Ruby

"That is worst" replied Dora

"Am I missing something? Did he violated any law?" asked Chloe in the confusion about why Ruby called him that