Chapter Forty

A/N: Please like, subscribe, and comment! It really helps my motivation to continue writing this story.

.

.

.

A/N (Part Two): Please remember to vote for each chapter and leave a comment. It really helps out the story and also helps me to write faster.

.

.

.

Chapter Forty

.

.

.

Packing for his impending trip was done entirely too soon for his liking. It took away the distraction. Peter had closed the suitcase nearly half an hour ago, after checking the contents through at least twice. Now, he found himself at a loss of what to do and was currently pacing the length of his room in his Spider-Suit. He was almost... twitchy. His fingers kept fiddling in the air by his sides, yearning to do something. But he couldn't help it. His brain couldn't stop dissecting every detail of the night.

Gosh, the feeling of Mary Jane's soft lips pressed against his... the way that her eyes had sparkled from the lights above while on the dance floor... and how her body had felt pressed so close to his own. He was half hard just thinking of it. If he knew then when he knows now - that Mary Jane had feelings for him - he wondered if there was anything that he would have done differently. He probably would have been a hell of a lot more relaxed about the grinding, that's for sure - rather than internally freaking out the whole time as he did in reality. And he would've contributed more to her movements- rather than just holding her hips, he fantasized about letting his hands wander the expanse of her gorgeous body. His lips would've undoubtedly found their way to the curve of her neck, where it would be a personal mission of his to make her gasp and make all sorts of other sounds.

There was a distinct twitch in the groin area of his suit at the thought.

Damn. Why did Mary Jane have to leave, again? She only just left and he already desperately missed her.

If only she had told him about her feelings sooner. Then he could've had the time to get over his shock of the idea and they could've spent the night stealing kisses and affectionate words. The thought of her whispering sweet-nothings in his ear caused a pleasurable shiver to go down his spine.

More than anything, he wished that he could talk to someone right then about all that had happened tonight. But he couldn't think of anyone that he was close to that was currently available. He knew that May was working the night shift... if she were home right then, she would already be bombarding him with questions on how his night at the dance went - and he knew that there would be no way for him to hold back the new developments surrounding Mary Jane from his aunt. It was just the sort of close relationship that they had. The only secret that he had tried keeping from May had been him being Spider-Man, and look at how well that turned out.