Chapter Forty-One

A/N: Please like, subscribe, and comment! It really helps my motivation to continue writing this story.

.

.

.

Chapter Forty-One

.

.

.

The Big Man sped through the air in silent contemplation. There was a lot on his mind - plenty of details to mull over. The encounter he had with Spider-Man tonight had been very enlightening in its developments. The wall-crawler had played into some of the preconceived theories that he had developed before their fated meeting, while still managing to surprise him with new aspects all the same. Regardless, he was positive that he now had enough research to begin his latest experiment.

He hadn't been lying when he told Spider-Man that tonight had been the most fun that he's had in years. He was almost giddy as he remembered the thrill of the fight, the anticipation for what he knew that was coming next, as well as his curiosity on whether Spider-Man would also catch onto the next series of events that he had planned or not.

Yes... Spider-Man had fallen into his trap quite beautifully.

If only he were able to do this more often - fighting on the front lines. But, if he had any hope of overtaking the other crime rings of the city - ensuring that the Big Man of Crime rang supreme over all of New York - he had to take a step back and meticulously plan his next steps of attack. Yes... the Kingpin and Tombstone really put a damper on things at times. If only they knew a superior leader when they saw one.

But alas, to ensure that he became the ring-leader to all crime in New York, he had to divide his time and energy between his enemies. It really was a shame that the wall-crawler didn't take him up on his offer of a job. He would have liked to really test his limits when pairing him up against Kingpin and Tombstone as an assignment.

The Goblin actually sighed at - not only the loss - but the waste of it all.

Spider-Man was powerful, more than people realized or gave him credit for. But the Goblin? He noticed. There was a lot of untapped potential there that was just ripe for the taking. Why in the hell was Spider-Man wasting his time fighting petty crime when he could be making millions? Or, if he wanted to play the hero for all of the fame and glory, all that he had to do was what all of the other Avengers did... only fight world-level threats.

But no... Spider-Man just had to have morals, didn't he?

The Goblin hated how that made the web-head that much more fascinating to him. There was certainly a distinct itch inside of him that longed to pick apart and dissect the wall-crawler until there was nothing left but pieces of Spider-Man's former self.