Chapter Fifty-Six

A/N: Please like, subscribe, and comment! It really helps my motivation to continue writing this story.

.

.

.

Chapter Fifty-Six

.

.

.

Harry surged forward as fast as he could in his walking boot. Peter was shocked to see that his leg was still broken from before the Blip, but he supposed that it made sense given that he himself had come back with all of the still-healing injuries that he had from the fight on Titan... But that thought was banished from his mind as soon as Harry reached him. Harry grasped Peter's hand in his before using a surprising amount of strength as he pulled Peter up from his seat and into an embrace, wrapping his arms tight around Peter's shoulders.

"Thank God!" Harry exclaimed breathily as he clapped manly pats onto Peter back periodically, but his voice sounded choked up... almost as though he were attempting not to cry.

Peter, on the other hand, was trying to play catch-up as his mind whirred about in circles. His brain had frozen for a second upon seeing Harry Osborn suddenly in Prague, and he was trying to make sense of it all by attempting to add logic to an illogical situation.

Peter pulled away from the hug, needing to study his friend's expression to help make sense of everything, but was met with Harry's exuberant grin and red rimmed eyes.

"W-What are you doing here, man?" Peter asked, dumbfounded as he gaped at his friend, still in shock by his presence but also surprised to see the emotional effects that seeing him had on Harry.

Harry sniffed once, seemingly annoyed by his unshed tears as he wiped hastily at his eyes with the back of his hand. "I thought something terrible happened to you."

Peter blinked up at his friend, full of confusion at the explanation. Hadn't they gone over this already? "Why? I told you that MJ and I were safe."

He really didn't mean to sound exasperated, especially when it was obvious that Harry had been genuinely worried... but by being stubborn and tracking Peter down anyway, Harry had caught the eye of SHEILD, which was exactly the sort of thing that Peter always wanted to avoid. Things got messy when his superhero life and his personal life blended... a perfect example of this was what had happened to Mary Jane - she had been kidnapped just because Lincoln somehow knew of his connection to her.

He couldn't risk any more of his loved ones getting tangled up in the complicated web of Spider-Man. In fact, he refused to let it happen.

At this very factual question on Peter's part, Harry actually donned a sheepish expression as he flashed Peter an apologetic wince.