Chapter 12

Well I was right! 

I mean I had known for a while that hero's were resigning and the pubic was getting more and more mad but now in some places there were full on riots against the hero's! But hey here I am sitting in a corner of a restaurant waiting for Endeavor and Jeanist to show up. Granted I'd been a little early and they did have to stay pretty long after the meeting to help clean things up while my selfish ass just booked it out of there. I picked up my phone checking to see what time it was. Hm it was past 3 i'd been sitting here for about two hours. I sighed as I put my phone down and looked to the ceiling. Sometimes I saw hateful glaces from across the room, that pissed me off seriously did they know how much all of us suffered in that battle. Not only the adult hero's but the little high schoolers as well. Plus the fact that so called Hero's who had done terrible things were able to roam free, it only mattered when so called villains or people with no connections got into trouble. Then it mattered. The polished wood had little indents on it which I'd been using to make into faces to entertain myself. Gods I was having such weird mood swings, I hated it. The bell to the small cafe rang with a musical tune as I looked up and saw a very tired and disgruntled Endeavor and Jeanist walk through the door. I waved to let them know which table I was sitting at and they walked over. "So how was the rest of the meeting?" I asked trying not to sound petty or annoying.

"It was....fairly okay," Jeanist responded, I could tell he was tired.

"I can se-" I was suddenly cut off by the girl at the counter slamming her hands on the desk Ace attorney style and yelling "JUST ORDER SOMETHING ALREADY!"

"Oh, yeah sorry about that, I was waiting for a couple of people," I said.

"Oh, are we that la-" Jeanist said but was then interrupted by the girl pointing at us ace attorney style.

"I DON'T CARE! YOU BUY SOMETHING OR GET OUT! THIS ISN'T A STARBUCKS!"

"What's a Starbucks?" Endervor asked, it took me a moment to realize he was serious and not joking.

"The only thing keeping me awake for these 12-hour shifts" The girl replied. Jeanist looked concerned, "It's a coffee store." I reassured him.

"YOU KNOW WHAT!? I QUIT!" the girl then sat down with them "I'M with you people now!"

"Oh sorry but we're kind of in a-"

"Shut it. I'M Jess by the way!" The girl, now identified as Jess said.

"Gods Mirko's gonna be so happy." I quietly said to myself. 

"MIRKO! LIKE THE RABIT HERO MIRKO?" Jess yelled with excitement, so guessing she was a fan. 

"Uh yeah, she's one of my closest friends." I replied hoping that because of that answer they might calm down a little but instead they just kept rambling on about how much they loved Mirko and how cool of a hero she was, and this was getting annoying. I could tell that Endeavor and Jeanist we're pretty annoyed to by the uncomfortable looks on their faces. Seriously how long was this person gonna talk? 

BEEP BEEP BEEP, I heard my phone go signalling an attack and opening up a text chat for all heroes in that area, so as to make sure that not to many or to little people came to aid. Except this time there wasn't anyone else really in this area let alone a lot of heroes. I stood up quickly from my seat and Jeanist and Endeavor did the same. 

"Sorry kid," Endeavor said, "We've got work to do." 

"Wait! I CAN HELP!" Jess said, her hair suddenly turning into a pinkish flame with a yellow stripe through the middle. "My quirk is element I can turn into different types of element sprites but only once a day and i'm stuck like that for the rest of the day if I do use my quirk!" She yelled. "I'm sure I can help in some way!"