𝐈𝐈

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐎𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭

𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚 𝟏:24 𝐩𝐦

𝟏:24 𝐩𝐦

❣︎

Her hands burned with the tight grasp she held along the edges of the sink, almost as painful as what she'd seen in the mirror that reflected back what she dreaded seeing. Looking at herself, the image of what her life had become, disgusted her.

Her face drained of all color naturally, giving her once glowing brown skin a new paleness. The dimness spread through her skin showed perfectly all she felt internally. That light dimmed mentally so much quicker than her physical appearance could even attempt. She didn't know who she was anymore, knew she lost sight of herself completely.

Her face decorated in multiple scars, the longest being a scratch that ran down to her neck from having to fight off a group of male officers just days prior. Nobody knew the things she went through once that door to the room they kept her in, closed. They kept her secluded from other inmates, in what seemed like solitary confinement but not. She didn't know what it was, but whatever it was gave her nothing but space and opportunity to just be a target.

The repeated pattern and words she heard all connected with Syre somehow. Whether that be from men envious of him, or women envious of her who made it their mission to attack her. But she never said anything, especially not to him, because she silently deemed it as some type of karma. And when that wasn't happening, she coped through sex, the only way she knew how to get her mind off of everything temporarily. Intoxicated always with whichever drug Semaj managed to get his hands on for her.

"Idylla!" The sound of the booming voice of the male officer made her body jump, her head hesitantly raising up towards the mirror she stared into. "Hurry up in there, it's lunch time!" He called out, making her head roll back to release a breath of frustration.

She lazily tied her hair up in a sloppy bun just in case, before dragging her feet towards the door. She dreaded the days she was forced to go sit with the other women, which were always the days Semaj wasn't there to cover for her. Her hands visibly trembled as she unlocked the door, not in the slightest bit of fear, but because she could already feel the anger washing over her at the mere thought of what she knew she'd have to go through.

"Took your ass long enough, walk." He grasped her arm as he pulled her out from the bathroom roughly. She winced at the feeling of her body up against the hard wall closest to them, her face taking the impact first as blood began to pool in along the bottom of her mouth.