𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 43: 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬

Don't wanna get no call with no bad news
I know all the stories from your tattoos
If they with the shit, then you with that too
If they with the shit, you with the—
Oh-oh, take your time away from the bullshit
Just be on some cool shit with me, babe
With me, babe

And all I want you to know
Is I'm here, if no one else, I'm here
Right here, I'm never scared, no fear
No way, when you're with me, you're safe

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐋𝐎𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐀 December 𝟏𝟑𝐭𝐡, 𝟏:𝟏𝟏 𝐩𝐦

December 𝟏𝟑𝐭𝐡, 𝟏:𝟏𝟏 𝐩𝐦

|| I'm right here Syre, I'm always here ||
— 𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄

"Hi, thank you for agreeing to this." Cheyanna thanked Syre who only stared at her behind the darkness of the shades that hid his eyes. The ambiance of the kitchen with the walls of her home, allowed his eyes to go unnoticed completely due to the dim lighting.

His silence made her face gradually drop as she took a deep breath. Lots clouded her mind, it was obvious to anyone with a working eye. He couldn't read her mind, but he could read her body language that was loud enough to say something was off.

For the past year, she'd become the least of his issues. She wasn't a problem to anyone, stayed to herself, and stayed quiet for the most part. What used to be a loud, troublesome, bitter baby mother...turned into someone who just took care of her son and left it at that. He didn't know what caused such a change in her, nor did he ever ask. But when she extended an invite for him to sit down and talk with her, for what seemed like the millionth time, he finally chose to just accept it.

Clearing her throat, her jewelry filled hands rested atop the table gently. Peacefully. "I don't expect you to say much, and that's fine. I've made peace with everyone in my life, from my family to old friends to Amerie. A lot has been happening in my life to where I just need to seal every relationship on a good note, for my own solitude. You're the last person who I have to do this with, and probably the hardest one." She laughed unamused with her eyes slowly falling to stare towards the untouched utensils on the table.

Syre, still silent, just watched her. He didn't feel angry, didn't feel uncomfortable...he truly felt nothing. His eyes didn't come off of the beautiful woman across from him once, although that beauty wasn't enough to erase the real her.

"I can't make excuses for what transpired between us, cause it was on me and I-."

"It wasn't just on you." His voice finally spoke up for the first time since being there, bringing Cheyanna's eyes to blink up towards him. "I did my dirt too in that relationship, that shit wasn't just you. You just fucked me up worse, purposely." He shook his head, recalling the events so vividly in his mind.