𝑿𝑿

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 20: Irresponsible

Oh, so irresponsible
Making me fall, fall head first for you
You let me set my feelings on the loose
Knowing deep down you wouldn't follow through
Oh, so irresponsible
Taking my heart, splittin' it in two
You could've left mе alone but it's cool
Baby, there's somе shit that you just don't do

Omniscient

Los Angeles, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚 August 6th, 3:23 am

August 6th, 3:23 am

❣︎

He stared down at her lifeless body that lay before him. Just the presence of himself, and the beeps of the many machines she was hooked up to, filled the dimly lit space. The time read 3:23 am, but he couldn't even feel a hint of an urge to sleep, he stood completely awake with no feelings of tiredness washing over his body in the slightest bit.

He stood silently as he had been since arriving at the private building. For hours, only he stood in the room just staring at her frail body hooked up to all types of machines. He could barely even recognize her, she looked terrible and smelled the same, showing evidence that she hadn't been keeping up with herself because of the drugs she was too busy intoxicating herself with.

Since meeting Amerie, if there was one thing she never ever played about, it was her hygiene among many other things. No matter how low she managed to get or feel, she never let herself go to this capacity for Syre to see. The night she stopped by his house begging and pleading, he could see in her eyes that she'd reached the end, her complete breaking point and truly hit rock bottom. But for him, he never took the time in that moment to sit and care about how much their connection and the relationship they held affected her.

He remembered all of the times she casually threw it in that she needed him, and how much she alluded to the fact she'd lose her mind without him. But he didn't take it as seriously because he never had the plans of being without her, this wasn't how things were supposed to go or how they were intended to go. He remembered the many nights he held her while she cried about her past and all she'd been through, and when she'd express how thankful she was that he was now in her life.

It seemed like he never took into account how much it meant because he wasn't used to that. He never had a relationship like the one he had with her, where every minuscule detail had truth behind it.

Amerie's eyes squeezed shut, attempting to stop the water that filled her eyes she tried her hardest to wipe at quickly. She could hear his approaching footsteps, hoping he'd stop in his tracks but he didn't. Instead, he advanced closer seeing her frantically wiping at her face from behind.