𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟑: 𝟒 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫

Marriage will be crazy baby
Can you live with it, lovin' me for life
To have and hold forever
Baby, ride or die 'til death do us part
Let's make it last forever

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐋𝐎𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐀𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏:𝟐𝟖 𝐚𝐦

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏:𝟐𝟖 𝐚𝐦

|| A ring and my last name clearly wasn't enough for you ||
SYRE

The red bottoms of the loubiton heels that clad Amerie's feet clacked loudly along the ground of the prison building as she made her way towards the bail stand. A birkin bag hung from the crook of her arm, a snake patterned black to match the blazer and pencil skirt she'd worn coming straight from her office space to handle the legal requests of her husband.

"Syre Acius." Were her first words once approaching the desk, as she dug through her purse to begin on taking out the stacks of all banded cash.

Amerie's mind still worked to process what exactly happened in such a short amount of time. One minute they were getting off of their jet to make it home to their children, and the next she was rushing to her job to change into business attire and get ready to bail him out of jail just that fast.

Her hardened eyes finally raised to stare into those of the man who worked the desk that day, confused by his silence until she recognized that smirk. A smirk that made her skin crawl, as did every other feature that spread along the face of a man who looked so similar to his nephew she was there to bail out. Every sight of him made her mouth dry, caused her throat to feel stuck with words she didn't know how to verbalize from that smug look along her face.

"Here for my nephew I'm sure, nice to see the two of you worked things out." Evan smiled slyly at his own words.

Amerie's skin crawled at the malice laced within his voice, but she refused to allow his words to scramble her head. She was doing good, she'd made too much progress to allow anything from such a negative period of her life to overtake her.

She stood tall, with a clear of her throat as her body leant up against the countertop. "It'd be unfortunate for your nephew to add you to his list, and I would hate to have to make that call. Because you know, just as much as I know, it's my word over anyone with him. Blood is no exception." She spoke so quietly, if he wasn't listening as hard as he was it would've been missed.

Amerie's voice laced with a certain malice within her tone. She didn't care to hear the words of the older man, before she turned on her heels to retreat over towards the waiting room seats.