009: Perfect timing

Pearl

My eyes trailed up to his level as he rose to his feet, I could feel my skin burn with anger and my chest swell at each heavy breath I took. My heartbeat rose erratically as his gaze settled into my eyes. I didn't care about Kelvin being back anymore but coming right to my workplace was unacceptable.

"Pearl," he called out.

And before he could draw his hand close to me, I pointed my palm to him, stopping him. "Kelvin, don't," I managed to say, trying to remain calm.

I wondered if he was stupid. Why was he here? He should have known I wouldn't want to set my eyes on him, especially not after what happened. What was he expecting after three years of cutting off contacts? That I would run into his arms?

"I won't tolerate you coming into my workspace," I tried to sound as calm as I could, only because it was my workspace and my workers held me in high accord. Also, I wouldn't want them to be involved in my personal life.

"Pearl, I know that I have wronged you and I don't deserve to appear in front of you, but if only you can spare me some time, maybe go somewhere private and---"

I scoffed, interrupting his speech.  "I'm glad you still have some common sense left in you. So, now can you leave and never show up ever again." I said, glancing at the entrance before settling my gaze back to him again. "See Kelvin, we don't have anything to talk about, I don't know your intention for doing this, but there is no need for you to say anything to me because I have already moved on."

"Still--"

"Just go, Kelvin." Trying to sound as convincing as possible, I said, "The last time you did this, you had my boyfriend misunderstand---"

"Is he really your boyfriend?" Kelvin interrupted and I furrowed my brows at him. "I asked Peter and he said you are not dating anyone," he added.

Now, I knew who my problem was, it was Peter! And I was going to warn him to keep my name off his mouth, anytime he was with Kelvin. But right at this moment, I needed Kelvin to leave.

He should go back to Peter and get all the information he needed about me, from him.

Walking to the entrance, I said, "You can go back to Peter and continue your little gossip about my life." I halted just at the door and turned to him, "Now you should leave," with my gaze on him, I pushed the door open, waiting for him to walk right through it.

But he remained at that spot. I watched his gaze shift from me and as I turned to see what he was staring at, I saw Kachi standing right at the door.

Perfect timing!

For the past three days, I had waited for his call or a text but none of that happened. But there he was, just right at the time, Kelvin had appeared again.

I watched as his gaze tore away from Kelvin and settled on me, his mouth curving in a smirk as he took some steps closer to me. Unsure of what we were supposed to do, I stood right there staring at him but he halted right in front of me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

As he drew his face closer to mine, my heart started beating frantically. Before I could gather my thoughts and make up my mind, about whatever we would be acting this time, his face brushed against mine. His lips settled just close to my ear, the strong heavenly and enticing wooden scent of his cologne whisking into my nostrils.

"I came just in time," he breathed, the warm breath that escaped his mouth sending chills down my neck, and it quickly spread all through my body.

My eyes slowly closed and my grip held onto his arm, I took in a deep breath and as I exhaled, my eyes flicked open. My head felt a little dizzy as his strong scent registered in my brain.