041: Birthday dinner and tears

Pearl

Lowly, I cleared my throat repositioning in my seat. I narrowed my eyes at her with my mind clouded with the many possible reasons why she might be here. How on earth did she find me? "Welcome to--"

"Save the formalities for others," she said, settling onto the seat in front of the desk and no lies, I was a bit taken aback by her harsh tone. "And since you already know who I am, I will just go straight to the point. She added, blatant disdain smearing each word.

A smirk appeared at the corner of my lips, watching her cross her leg against the other. I relaxed into my seat, folding my arms across my chest while I waited for whatever she had to say.

Her well-manicured fingers tapped on her black clutch, which she held on her thighs. Her brown eyes which were coated with venom were resting completely on me. "I will need you to stay away from Kachi,"  She enunciated boldly.

A loud scoff escaped me, followed by my arms leaving my chest and landing on my body. She must be delusional but then, her being here assured me of only one thing. She wasn't aware of what had been going on between me and that man.

"I know what women like you are," she said, glancing around the corners of my office in disgust. "Gold diggers," She rested her gaze back on me.

I chuckled, wondering why she was doing this. Was she that threatened after seeing me, just once with a man she cheated on?

"And will you like me to tell you what women like you are?" I leaned towards the desk, placing my arms on it, with my fingers interlocking together. "Simply put, a whore."

If she thought she was going to walk in here and have me intimidated by her, then she was a clown because nothing about her screams intimidating to me, even though I knew almost nothing about her.

I pressed my lips together, my brows quirked up as I watched her chest heave up and down in anger, the same with her nose flaring like it was blowing hot air out of it. If only she knew that the man she was fighting for, had not spoken to me in the last two weeks. And the thought of that added fuel to the already fire of anger stirring in me.

Her other leg dropped down to the floor. "What did you say?"

A smug hung at the corner of my lips, "I'm sure you heard me the first time, Mrs Phillips." I mocked. "That man does not want anything to do with you, so get off my seat and leave my office right now."

"What did you say?" She stormed off to her feet and I rose to her level. "Who do you think you are talking to?" She asked and I rounded the table, halting right in front of her.

"Enlighten me because I would like to know what it is to your name?" I folded my arms across my chest. "Oh right... You are the woman that birthed Kachi Phillips's child?" I pointed at her. "It's such a pity that he doesn't want anything to do with a woman who cheated on him," I smirked.

Her eyes burned in anger and her breathing grew heavier, causing her chest to push up and down. I could smell the invisible blood dripping from her balled fist, and by the visibility of the veins at the back of her hand, the nails must be digging deeply into her palm. She took a few steps covering the distance between us.

"If you touch me, I am going to make sure I drag you out by your wig, madam." With my brows quirked up and my eyes narrowed, I sent my warning across. "Nobody here will save you. Not even Kachi if he was here, do you know why?" I leaned my face closer to hers. "Because he is mine," I smiled smugly, watching her shut her eyes and breathe shakily.

She must be fighting tears but I, Pearl was not moved by that and for Kachi? Hell, I wasn't going to talk to that man again. If one thing, Vera's move just reminded me to shut down the thought of him and move on with my life. There were thousands of many other good men in this city and I would meet one at the right time.